PRZOOM - /newswire/ -
Kochi, Kerala, India, 2008/11/11 - SysNucleus has released a new version of USBTrace, the software based USB protocol analyzer for Microsoft Windows - SysNucleus.com.
USBTrace is a USB bus monitoring tool which helps USB firmware and device driver engineers to debug, analyze and find faults in USB hardware/software implementations. USBTrace can capture both USB 1.x and 2.0 devices. USB requests can be captured at various levels, at host controllers, hubs or at devices.
Detailed information corresponding to each USB devices is displayed by USBTrace. Device information include USB descriptors (device, configuration, interface, endpoint) and Windows device enumeration info.
Several additional features are provided for WDM USB device driver developers. The IRP, URB, IO_STACK_LOCATION structures associated with each captured request is decoded and displayed in detail by USBTrace. The software also allows device driver developers to capture any device object or driver object in the USB device stack.
Decoding of USB 2.0 defined class specifications is also supported. Device classes like HID, Mass Storage, Wireless controllers (Bluetooth), Wireless USB Host Wire Adapter (HWA), Audio, Video, Still Image Capture etc are supported. The software also allows developers to write their own custom vendor specific class decoder.
Detailed performance analysis of devices can also be performed using USBTrace.
1) Ease of use: With USBTrace you can monitor your devices very easily. Just select the device to be monitored and click 'capture'.
2) Monitors USB requests at all levels: With USBTrace you can monitor USB requests at USB Host Controllers, USB Hubs and USB devices.
3) USBTrace does not use any filter drivers: Unlike other software analyzers, USBTrace does not use any filter driver to capture the USB requests. So USBTrace will not disturb the PnP system due to its presence.
4) Captures all USB requests during device enumeration: USBTrace is capable of capturing all USB requests exchanged between the host controller/hub and the device during device enumeration. See USB Enumeration Explained to know how USBTrace is different from other USB monitor software.
5) Displays valuable information for WDM device driver developers: The IRP, URB and IO_STACK_LOCATION structures associated with each captured request is decoded and displayed by USBTrace. Also, in addition to capturing URBs, USBTrace captures Internal USB IOCTLs, User mode USB IOCTLs, PnP and Power IRPs.
USBTrace also allows WDM driver developers to capture USB requests made/received by any device object in the USB device stack.
6) Supports device class decoding. Class specific requests are decoded and displayed by USBTrace.