PRZOOM - /newswire/ -
Rockleigh, NJ, United States, 2008/10/27 - Crestron RoomView® Server Edition adds direct device control, enhanced user interface, audible alerts, room templates and more - Crestron.com.
Crestron RoomView® Server Edition is enterprise management and AV helpdesk software designed to deliver complete network control of AV and environmental resources and room scheduling. RoomView Server Edition integrates seamlessly with the full line of Crestron devices to ensure that every room is connected on the managed network. RoomView Server Edition offers a simple "at-a-glance" view of the entire control system network, and an efficient point-and-click interface that eliminates the need for multiple simultaneous applications. This latest version of the software adds many new features including an enhanced user interface, direct device control, audible alerts and more.
RoomView is a multi-user resource management program that enables administrators and support staff to manage AV resources, perform remote system diagnostics, track the usage of projector lamps, log network activity, and automate tasks through event scheduling. In fact, RoomView tracks any Crestron-based function, including lights, audio levels, motion detection, temperature, and more.
Interactive help desk capabilities enable users to send help requests from their touchpanel. Support staff can send text messages back to the touchpanel, alert e-mail contacts, and even launch e-Control®2 web pages to control the room and its AV equipment.
RoomView Server Edition provides facility managers, media directors, and IT Specialists unmatched real-time control and cross-platform accessibility. With several management and technical support functions streamlined, administrators can work more efficiently, reducing the support response time.
• Enhanced User Interface: Includes a new tab control that isolates page redrawing to the specific areas that need refreshing. This saves screen refresh time and provides RoomView with an updated look and feel.
• Direct Device Control: RoomView can monitor and control real-time-join devices, such as the CEN-UPS1250 Uninterruptible Power Supply, without the need of a processor.
• Room Templates: New room templates define how a room is added to the RoomView database. Specific fields include Processor, Symbol, Asset, and Attribute information. The template allows the administrator to add multiple similar rooms simply and rapidly.
• Language Localization: RoomView now supports Spanish, French, German, Italian, and Dutch.
• Expanded Security Policies: 1. Enables/Disables access to the “Send Action” menu in the room tree for any user. 2. Based on the policy definition, hide or show attribute groups.
• Audible Alerts: User-defined audio alarm is played when receiving an incoming help request or error alert.
• Room Names included in Asset List View: The list of assets displayed when the asset tab is selected will contain a column that displays the room name associated with the asset.
• Validation of Field Type in Custom Fields: User input is validated for proper type so that a string cannot be entered in an integer field, etc. New date and memo field types will be added.
• Display Room Detail from Plug-In: Room names appearing in Plug-Ins will be links to display the Room Detail View.
• Expanded e-mail Addresses for Users: Each user may now have up to four distinct e-mail addresses.
Crestron (crestron.com) is the world's leading manufacturer of advanced control and automation systems, innovating technology and reinventing the way people live and work.