This content-aware platform supports up to 40 GigE speeds and provides full layer 2 through 7 testing in a single unit that captures and emulates any network. The service is in-demand for service providers, network equipment manufacturers (NEMs), and deep packet inspection (DPI) capable devices, since it offers the benefits of overall network security, data loss prevention, and the ability to provide tiered services.
Frost & Sullivan Industry Analyst Olga Yashkova on BreakingPoint: “BreakingPoint Systems’ key competitive differentiators include overall functionality, performance, price, and ease of use,” says Frost & Sullivan Industry Analyst Olga Yashkova. “BreakingPoint’s realistic converged application and strike traffic currently offer 15 million concurrent sessions at a ramp rate of 1.5 million sessions per seconds, at 20 Gigabit per second performance on application traffic.”
“In addition, BreakingPoint has a sophisticated built-in reporting capability that automatically generates reports for any testing scenario, and allows for real-time monitoring of test statistics,” notes Yashkova. “The platform’s Network Neighborhood feature accommodates the comparison between layer 2 and layer 4 devices with the same configurations.”
“This integrated test solution offers a high price/performance ratio to end-users, who can now use a single integrated tester instead of a number of testers to conduct network applications testing,” notes Yashkova. “The BreakingPoint products are also relatively compact with ease-of-use features such as built-in Ethernet ports and a power receptacle for power cycle testing of the piece of equipment under test.”
About BreakingPoint’s Network Equipment Testing Products
• Owing to the distinctive qualities of each network, operators seek a device that can simulate various traffic types for testing. BreakingPoint BPS 10K satisfies this need with its high performance feature sets that include bit blasting, routing conformance, transmission control protocol (TCP) sessions, stack scrambling, security, as well as playback and application simulation. Apart from capturing, amplifying, and recreating any network traffic, it injects attacks into the captured traffic replay.
• BreakingPoint BPS 10K supports more than 60 applications protocols including HTTP, SMTP, AOL® IM, FIX, IBM DB2, Microsoft® CIFS/SMB, MAPI, Oracle, Encrypted BitTorrent™, eDonkey, RADIUS, SIP, Windows Live Messenger, World of Warcraft®, Yahoo!® Messenger, and many others. It also supports transmissions and verification of up to three million packets per second at 64 byte packets. It can handle in excess of 3,600 security attacks with more than 80 evasion techniques, and generates SYN Flood attacks.
Benefits of BreakingPoint Network Equipment Testing Products
• Another outstanding benefit of BreakingPoint Systems’ network device testing platform is that the functionality is upgraded on a weekly basis instead of a quarterly or yearly basis. Since new security threats and applications are daily occurrences, the company releases new security strikes and applications every day. This is indeed a unique feature, as most other participants take up to 12 or 18 months to issue updates for their test equipment.
• BreakingPoint BPS 10K has found increasing application with DPI technology being thrown into the spotlight due to rising concerns of privacy and control of the unclassifiable peer-to-peer (P2P) traffic. BreakingPoint announced its DPI test methodology and video guide in August 2008 to educate potential users on the DPI functionality testing process.
• DPI test equipment has to keep pace with increased capacity of DPI systems, and the BreakingPoint product has risen to this challenge. BPS 10K not only reduces NEMs' time-to-test by 50 percent and speeds up the development of next-generation network devices, but also offers wide technological coverage, superior performance, functionality, and ease of use.
About Frost & Sullivan Best Practices Awards
Each year, Frost & Sullivan presents this award to the company that has demonstrated excellence in new product development and launch within its industry. The recipient company has shown innovation by launching a broad line of emerging products and technologies.
Frost & Sullivan’s Best Practices Awards recognize companies in a variety of regional and global markets for demonstrating outstanding achievement and superior performance in areas such as leadership, technological innovation, customer service, and strategic product development. Industry analysts compare market participants and measure performance through in-depth interviews, analysis, and extensive secondary research in order to identify best practices in the industry.
BreakingPoint (breakingpointsystems.com) provides the industry’s fastest, most accurate, responsive and easy-to-use testing solutions, helping network equipment manufacturers, service providers, and enterprises accelerate development of high performance content-aware networks, network devices, and other equipment, while reducing R&D, QA and operating costs. The company is headquartered in Austin, Texas with offices and customers in Canada, China, Finland, France, Germany, India, Israel, Italy, United Kingdom, United States and more.
About Frost & Sullivan
Frost & Sullivan, the Growth Partnership Company, partners with clients to accelerate their growth. The company's TEAM Research, Growth Consulting and Growth Team Membership™ empower clients to create a growth-focused culture that generates, evaluates and implements effective growth strategies. Frost & Sullivan employs over 45 years of experience in partnering with Global 1000 companies, emerging businesses and the investment community from more than 30 offices on six continents.