PRZOOM - /newswire/ -
Pune, Maharashtra, India, 2008/09/17 - Zensar Technologies, a leading software services and business process outsourcing organisation today announced the launch of its Infrastructure Management business unit with significant deals signed and ambitious growth targets.
Ankit Ghosh, Global Head of Zensar’s Infrastructure Business said, “Zensar has invested in a robust IM practice launching new services lines called ZenRIMS (Zensar Remote Infrastructure Management Services) and ZenGDC (Zensar Green Data Centre). Eastern Europe is a significant market for these services and South Africa, Australia and Singapore too have been showing great growth potential for these services. Zensar could be looking at an acquisition in the Networking and Security space to enhance capability and scale for expansion into these territories. IM Shared Services has been showing significant traction with its unique pay-per-use model and the fixed services packs.”
Since its pilot launch earlier this year the company has signed significant deals with its existing clients and new customers in the US, Europe and South Africa totaling to over ten million dollars of business booked in the current fiscal. Dr Ganesh Natarajan, Dy Chairman and MD, Zensar Technologies Ltd and Chairman NASSCOM said, “The global infrastructure management business is growing steadily and older assertions are being amended to reflect rapidly expanding growth. Zensar’s IM practice has established itself as a significant player and is aimed at being a USD 50 Mn entity by 2010-11 with a 1000+ strong workforce, positioned as ‘the Business Availability Partner to Global Corporates’. The Company is also looking for a USD 5-6 Mn acquisition in FY 2010 to lend scale and for market penetration in Europe or South Africa in this area.”
Krishna Ramaswami, VP and Head of the newly formed Strategic Services and Supply Units at Zensar said, “The worldwide Infrastructure Management Services (IMS) market today is USD 524 Bn that manages an enterprise’s core IT systems, including hardware, software, connectivity and people. The Industry growth has been upbeat at a 60% year on year in the IM space, and we expect this service along with Consulting and Testing to add significant value to our business transformation proposition in all markets.”
IT Infrastructure is the plumbing that consumes massive amounts of capital and supports commercial activity in the modern world; and when it fails, everyone pays attention. Anyone intimately involved in any aspect of IT management pays attention to the infrastructure, and as outsourcing continues to grow as a business imperative, more and more attention is being paid to infrastructure outsourcing deals and infrastructure service providers.
Some Market Trends:
• 75% IM roles and services can be outsourced keeping the geography security regulation and availability unaffected
• Worldwide Remote Infrastructure Management (RIM) Market size is USD 95 - 104 Bn;
• Indian / China / South Africa RIM market will grow to USD 26-28 Bn by 2013;
• Within next 30 months worldwide 80% Oracle and SAP will run in hosting model, and data centre / helpdesk business will grow to all-time high;
• India IM (managed services and RIM) industry has grown more than 60% (each year) in last two years;
• Everest Research Institute predicts that remote infrastructure management will grow to USD 8.6 Bn in the next three years with an annual CAGR of 61%. Gartner predicts that infrastructure management is the third wave of services to be offshored after IT services and business processes.