PRZOOM - /newswire/ -
London, United Kingdom, 2008/09/09 - New ASI Solution delivers Remote PC Access anytime, anyplace, anywhere.
Ability Software International, which recently launched its comprehensive ASI range of business solutions, has added a clever new tool to its product portfolio. ASI Ability BeAnywhere Remote Access is a fast, completely secure way to access up to three computers remotely, and is available in an easy to use USB device.
Unlike web-based remote access services, Ability BeAnywhere’s device allows a user to set up any PC to be a remotely accessible (server) in less than a minute. When the user wishes to access their computer, they simply plug the same device into the USB port of an Internet-connected PC (client) at any location, and all their files, documents, emails and even applications will appear on-screen, to be worked with exactly as if the user were sitting in front of the remote PC. When they have finished, they simply remove the USB drive and all traces are gone from the PC used for access.
Ability BeAnywhere, which will be priced at £39.99 inc. VAT for 3 ‘server’ installs and one year’s service, is ideal for a vast audience ranging from mobile workers and students through to technical support professionals and remote training providers.
Chris England, Brand Director at Ability Software International, said: “The BeAnywhere Drive is a physical product, which makes it more appealing to users, and it delivers considerable extra functionality and value over and above its competition. As our workforce moves more and more towards mobile working, this solution becomes highly appropriate and its low price will be very attractive to a broad audience.”
Key features of the product/service:
· It can be installed onto up to three Internet-connected PC’s which can then be remotely accessed
· Remote access to any of those PC’s is then available by plugging the BeAnywhere drive into any other Internet-connected PC, thus avoiding issues hampering alternative solutions that are solely web-based;
· No technical knowledge whatsoever is required with BeAnywhere’s Universal Networking and Zero Configuration features
· A three-layer security system ensures the safety of the user and the system and access leaves no trace once the user has finished;
· There is no geographical limit to the location from where a user can remotely access their PC;
· Users can transfer files to and from the remote computer securely and easily;
· They can share files of any size, by simply selecting the file and one or multiple recipients’ email addresses, to which a secure download link will be sent. The user controls how long the file is available, and how often it can be downloaded;
· Unlimited numbers of files and folders can be easily synchronised between the remote and local PC;
· Users can invite a friend or colleague to share the screen, or control the keyboard and mouse (particularly useful if you want technical support to fix an unrelated problem on your PC);
· The user decides the level of control and for how long;
· The BeAnywhere drive can also be used as a portable storage device, providing 1Gb of portable space.
Ability BeAnywhere will be available in September 2008 from leading independent retailers and online stores. Further information on the full ASI Business Range can be found on the ASI website.