PRZOOM - /newswire/ -
Woodland Hills, CA, United States, 2008/08/21 - Green Edge Systems, Inc. presents its Smart Monitoring™ HACCP wireless temperature monitoring system for food services in the Western Foodservice & Hospitality Expo in Los Angeles, California, Los Angeles Convention Center, August 23-25.
Green Edge Systems, Inc., a trusted leader of HACCP temperature monitoring and control solutions, performance monitoring and energy savings for food services presents it new Smart Monitoring™ and DataNet state-of-the-art affordable hardware products, software and communication platforms in the Western Foodservice & Hospitality Expo in Los Angeles, California, Los Angeles Convention Center, August 23-25, 2008.
On display will be the new Smart Monitoring™ dashboard single platform for monitoring temperatures, performance and energy efficiency of the refrigeration systems.
Smart Monitoring™ features its own dashboard interface which allows full screen central monitoring of temperature, performance, predictive maintenance and energy efficiency monitoring of the refrigeration system, in a single view. When receiving alerts from Smart Monitoring™, customers will get an indication of the severity and urgency of the problem.
On display will also be the DataNet Wireless Intelligent HACCP temperature monitoring system, the most advanced, reliable, and affordable Zigbee wireless sensor system.
Results of recent shows that Green Edge Systems, Inc. participated in recently (National School Nutrition Association Conference and Exhibition SNA in Philadelphia, the National Association of College and Universities Food Services NACUFS in Washington and the National Restaurant Association NRA show in Chicago) showed high interest in the comprehensive capabilities of the Smart Monitoring™ System which include:
• Ensuring that the refrigeration system performs perfectly and predicts failures before they occur, including alerts on power and compressor failures.
• Energy efficiency - focus on running the refrigeration system in the most efficient way, providing substantial savings to the bottom line.
• Temperature monitoring - providing 5 different categories of alerts based on the urgency to handle malfunctions of your refrigeration system.
• Monitoring the temperature in food service trucks and food carts as an integral part of the systems. Just place a DataNet sensor that is also a data logger in the truck and/or on food carts, and 24/7 temperature monitoring is fully taken care off.
• Monitoring temperatures in food service equipment such as prep tables, milk coolers etc.
• HACCP PDA Inspection system.
The system is ideal for food services in schools, colleges, universities, hospitals and restaurants.
Highlights of the Green Edge Systems DataNet monitoring solution:
• Each sensor is a data logger has 4 separate sensor inputs and can store up to 60,000 readings and has an internal memory and processor.
• The Smart Monitoring™ web based software platform monitors all the kitchens in the organization in addition to separate software platforms that run in each kitchen.
• Fully meshed network Zigbee is supported by the sensors.
• This system is one of the first of its kind, which fully implements the meshed network Zigbee protocol.
• Extended transmission range of up to one mile between gateways/repeaters and the sensors.
• Operating keypad and large LCD display on each sensor.
• Full calibration of the probes is possible through the network.
• Increased accuracy of temperature reading up to 0.5 degrees Fahrenheit.
• Every sensor has up to four external recording inputs: NTC, PT100 2 wire, Thermocouple J, K and T, door sensors, 4-20mA, 0-1V, and Pulse counter.
• Availability of repeaters; a whole building can run on a single gateway.
• The software allows the view of real time sensors layout with strength signal per sensor and the actual signal pass.
• Additional internal temperature and humidity reading in each sensor at no additional charge.
• A separate dry contact relay in each sensor, gateway and repeater, allows triggering of local alarms as well as triggering campus building management systems.
• Email and SMS cell phone alerts configurable per kitchen and per campus.
• 4-20mA inputs in the sensors allow connection of pressure and other sensors.
• Bi-directional communication between the gateway and sensors allows update of the sensors anytime, and over-the-air firmware updates.
• A built in battery charger and battery backup in each sensor and repeater.
• Frequency between readings can occur within a few seconds, allowing immediate response when the system is not working properly.
• If reception deteriorates, the system automatically, within 10 seconds, finds alternative routings of the signals and ensures continuous maximum strength reception.
• Immediate alerts when power or refrigeration is lost for each sensor.
• Critical compressor malfunction and poor performance alerts.
• Predictive maintenance alerts allow immediate preventive maintenance actions.
• Data displayed in numeric or graphical way for all inputs.
• Energy Efficiency alerts when the refrigeration system in not running efficiently.
To get additional information on Green Edge Systems, Inc. HACCP Wireless Temperature Monitoring Systems for Food Services or set at appointment at the Western Foodservice & Hospitality Expo in Los Angeles, please contact Green Edge Systems, Inc. at sales[.]GreenEdgeSystems.com or call.