PRZOOM - /newswire/ -
Philadelphia, PA, United States, 2008/07/28 - Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., the world leader in serving science, has announced that five of its informatics and software solutions have received Scientific Computing 2008 Readers' Choice Awards across four categories (NYSE: TMO).
LIMS, bioinformatics, chromatography, and spectroscopy. Thermo Fisher Scientific won more awards than any other company.
Dave Champagne, vice president and general manager of informatics at Thermo Fisher Scientific, commented: "The recognition of Thermo Scientific products as best-of-breed underlines our efforts to continue to deliver software solutions that meet the specific needs of our customers. Three gold and two bronze awards from the readers of Scientific Computing acknowledge Thermo Fisher's pedigree of products. Receiving the recognition of our customers is the most valuable testimonial of our standing in the market."
Thermo Fisher was recognized in the following categories:
Gold awards went to
• Thermo Scientific Atlas CDS (chromatography category), the leading chromatography data system used around the world and in a wide range of industries;
• Thermo Scientific Kinetica (bioinformatics category), which delivers excellence in pharmacokinetic analysis and reporting; and
• Thermo Scientific GRAMS (spectroscopy category), a world-class solution for capturing, storing, and reporting on data derived from multiple instrument systems (it also received a bronze recognition).
Bronze awards went to
• Thermo Scientific SampleManager LIMS (LIMS category), the leading laboratory information management system for the process industries, and
• Thermo Scientific OMNIC (spectroscopy category), providing advanced spectroscopy and enabling chemists in analytical and investigative chemistry laboratories to take advantage of the power of FT-IR and Raman.
The Readers' Choice Awards are determined annually by the readers of Scientific Computing, a leading publication from Advantage Media providing information technology for the scientific community.
For more information about Thermo Scientific informatics solutions, please call +1 866-463-6522, e-mail marketing.informatics[.]thermofisher.com.
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (thermo.com) is the world leader in serving science, enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. With annual revenues of $10 billion, we have more than 30,000 employees and serve over 350,000 customers within pharmaceutical and biotech companies, hospitals and clinical diagnostic labs, universities, research institutions and government agencies, as well as environmental and industrial process control settings. Serving customers through two premier brands, Thermo Scientific and Fisher Scientific, we help solve analytical challenges from routine testing to complex research and discovery. Thermo Scientific offers customers a complete range of high-end analytical instruments as well as laboratory equipment, software, services, consumables and reagents to enable integrated laboratory workflow solutions. Fisher Scientific provides a complete portfolio of laboratory equipment, chemicals, supplies and services used in healthcare, scientific research, safety and education. Together, we offer the most convenient purchasing options to customers and continuously advance our technologies to accelerate the pace of scientific discovery, enhance value for customers and fuel growth for shareholders and employees alike.