PRZOOM - /newswire/ -
Watford, Herts, United Kingdom, 2008/07/07 - Broner Metals Solutions, the world’s leading provider of supply chain planning, scheduling and manufacturing execution systems, specifically for the Metals Industry, has developed new enhancements for its existing Production Scheduler solution.
New enhancements were developed in order to respond to opportunities identified in the process of implementing Production Scheduler at one of the Broner’s customer sites and they will further improve scheduling capabilities of the module, with some of the new functions being:
· ‘Feeder groups’, which enables the use of non-first choice material to fill gaps in the schedule;
· ‘Minimum batching’, which allows the specification of a rule which will try to complete a minimum batch of material limited by user-defined characteristics once started, and highlight a sharing violation if that’s not possible;
· ‘Violation limits’, which enables the definition of violations;
· ‘Conserve and Consume’ functionality, which allows conservation of “rare” materials across round, preventing immediate use of a first-choice material;
· Improved scheduling information around specific areas of production.
All of these functions will contribute to better schedule adherence, reduced production costs, improved productivity and better quality of end product.
New improvements will later be incorporated into all future versions of Production Scheduler ensuring that all customers can benefit from improved accuracy and consistency of schedules.
About Broner Metals Solutions
Broner Metals Solutions specialises entirely in delivering value to the Steel and Aluminium industries and provides Supply Chain Planning, Scheduling and Manufacturing Execution Systems and Consultancy, which improve shareholder value, through: reduced inventory; shorter manufacturing lead times; increased throughput; improved delivery performance and better customer service.
All Broner Metals Solutions products have been developed specifically for Steel and Aluminium industries. Our solutions comprise a wide range of products including: business optimisation; order negotiation (ATP/CTP); production and material planning; production scheduling; despatch scheduling; production management (dispatching, tracking, execution, data management); Quality Management; Inventory Management, and Equipment Management, and have a standard SAP interface. Our MES solutions are designed to the ISA95 standards.
The Broner Metals Solutions team has 30 years experience in improving the performance of steel and aluminium supply chains worldwide. We are the global corporate standard supplier of production scheduling and MES solutions to the world’s largest steel company, ArcelorMittal, as well as supplying metals companies such as Baosteel, Dofasco, Corus, Cosipa, CSN, Gerdau, Nippon Steel, Norandal, OMK, Taiyuan Steel (TISCO), ThyssenKrupp, TMK and Usiminas.