Over a period of time, the banking industry of the Philippines has seen a transformation with the reforms being carried out by both the banking regulator and the government. The reform process has resulted in improved banking industry, with industry income touching new heights in 2007.
Moreover, the Philippine banking industry has been undergoing consolidation that will further strengthen its position as new entities will increase the competition level. Moreover, banks will continue to be supported by a benign economic outlook, which reduces the likelihood of a sharp increase in unemployment or corporate bankruptcies.
The report provides extensive research and rational analysis on the Philippines banking industry and helps clients in analyzing the current performance and growth opportunities that exist in the banking industry. The report provides detailed overview of the banking industry in the Philippines by contemplating and analyzing various parameters like assets size, income level, number of financial cardholders etc. It helps clients to understand various products available in the Philippines banking industry and their future scope.
The future forecast discusses the future prospects of different arms of banking industry, including bancassurance, financial cards, mobile banking and role of technology in banking. The future projection given in this report is done on the basis of the current market scenario, past trends, and rules and regulations laid by the central bank.
For the purpose of this research report, Asia consist of China, India, Hong Kong, Taiwan, South Korea, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia, Philippines and Vietnam.
- The Philippine banking industry posted a CAGR hike of 8.46% in asset base between 2004 and 2007.
- Industry deposits in the country grew at a CAGR of 9.82% from 2004 to 2007.
- Deposit mobilization is concentrated with universal and commercial banks, which account for the majority of the Philippine banking industry deposit.
- Financial Intermediation was the largest shareholder of the loan disbursal by banks during 2004-2007.
- Bancassurance will account for 65% of the total sales of insurance products by 2011.
- Increasing at a CAGR of 69.78%, microfinancing in the Philippines is expected to reach 56.5 Billion Pesos.
- Increasing mobile penetration will expand the mobile banking user base to more than 11 Million by 2011.
Key Issues & Facts Analyzed
- Market analysis of different product segments in the banking industry.
- Evaluation of current market trends.
- Factors driving growth in the Philippines banking industry.
- Analysis of challenges and opportunities for the industry.
Key Players Analyzed
This section covers the overview about the major players in the Philippines banking industry like Metropolitan Bank and Trust, Bank of the Philippine Islands, Banco de Oro UniBank Inc. and Land Bank of the Philippines.
Research Methodology Used
Information has been sourced from books, newspapers, trade journals, and white papers, industry portals, government agencies, trade associations, monitoring industry news and developments, and through access to more than 3000 paid databases.
The analysis methods include ratio analysis, historical trend analysis, linear regression analysis using software tools, judgmental forecasting, and cause and effect analysis.
RNCOS, incorporated in the year 2002, is an industry research firm. It has a team of industry experts who analyze data collected from credible sources. They provide industry insights and analysis that helps corporations to take timely and accurate business decision in today's globally competitive environment.