The report provides an insight into the Indian tourism market. It evaluates the past, present and future scenario of the Indian tourism market and discusses the key factors which are making India a potential tourism destination. With focuses on different parameters of tourism industry, including inbound tourism, outbound tourism, expenditure by inbound tourists, medical tourism, and hotel industry, the report gives a thorough analysis on the tourism industry in India.
According to the report, India represents one of the most potential tourism markets in the world. It has expanded rapidly over the past few years and underpinned by the government support, rising income level and various international sports events, the Indian tourism industry will continue to grow at the fastest pace in the coming years. However, the industry may have to cope up with several challenges which will limit its growth.
- India is expected to see an influx of 10 Million international tourists by 2010, up from just 5 Million in 2007.
- Andhra Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh, Tamil Nadu, Karnataka and Rajasthan are the leading tourism destinations in India in terms of total tourist arrivals.
- India has been promoting its healthcare tourism by providing the visitors with private healthcare facilities. It is expected that the total market for medical tourism will reach US$ 2 Billion by 2012, representing a CAGR of 60.69%.
- Personal disposable income during 2002-2007 grew at a CAGR of 14.16%, thereby driving domestic as well as outbound tourism.
- Indian outbound tourist flow is expected to increase at a CAGR of 13.30% over the five-year period spanning from 2008 to 2012.
- India’s share in the global tourism is expected to reach 1.5% by 2010.
- The growth in India’s tourism market is expected to serve as a boon, driving the growth of several associated industries, including hotel industry, medical tourism industry and aviation industry.
Key Issues & Facts Analyzed
- What is the current state of the tourism industry in India?
- What are the emerging trends in the tourism sector?
- Which are the leading tourism states?
- What is the future outlook of the tourism industry?
- Which factors are driving the Indian tourism industry?
- What is the scenario of the hotel industry in India?
Research Methodology Used
Information has been sourced from books, newspapers, trade journals, white papers, industry portals, government agencies, trade associations, by monitoring industry news and developments, and through access to more than 3000 paid databases.
The analysis methods include ratio analysis, historical trend analysis, linear regression analysis using software tools, judgmental forecasting, and cause and effect analysis.
RNCOS, incorporated in the year 2002, is an industry research firm. It has a team of industry experts who analyze data collected from credible sources. They provide industry insights and analysis that helps corporations to take timely and accurate business decision in today's globally competitive environment.