Singapore Expo Convention and Exhibition Centre has introduced some new services and facilities to benefit international organisers. Organizers, associations, meeting planners and companies using Singapore Expo for their events can now make use of the following convenient services to enhance visitors’ experience:
1. Media exposure - To create excitement and help promote organisers’ events and brand exposure, At-Life has been appointed as Singapore Expo’s media partner. At-life will manage advertisements on the 33 LCD TV screens at Singapore Expo. This is supplemented by screens at all McDonalds’, Delifrance Bistros and ferry terminals, totaling 160 island-wide. The screens give organizers the opportunity to publicise their events to over 2 million viewers each month. The viewers include young adults, families, travelers as well as exhibitors and visitors to Singapore Expo. Comprehensive packages are available to all Singapore Expo clients.
2. New Advertising spaces around the venue – Organisers and companies can now go to the website at to enjoy a virtual tour and select available sites for their advertisements, banners, notices or panels.
3. Digital Concierge Kiosks – This is a new electronic concierge. Four digital concierge kiosks will come into operation in June/July 2008 at Singapore Expo. The kiosks will host information on Singapore Expo, attractions for tourists, and way-finder features. Unlike the conventional concierge, the digital kiosks allow visitors round-the-clock access to comprehensive information.
Traveller’s guides, transportation modes and routes, Yellow Pages, Google, discounts and offers at restaurants, shops, and bars at Singapore Expo will also be featured. The system allows users to customise their search results with maps to meet their own preferences. Some other features include:
• the latest weather forecast;
• up-to-the-minute currency conversion;
• city guides from the coolest editors on the planet;
• one touch taxi booking and SMS booking service;
• latest information on what to do and what to see;
• local, regional and world news.
4. ISO 9001 – A significant milestone in Singapore Expo’s competency and commitment to servicing clients and customers is the attainment of ISO 9001. This streamlines the relevant systems and processes to better serve all clients and customers.
5. Free Wifi – Free Wifi for internet access is available at Foyers 1, 2 and the Atrium of Singapore Expo. Coin-operated internet kiosks are available at Foyer 1 (level 2), and Foyer 2.
6. 3.5G Mobile Coverage – The fastest wireless connectivity is now available at Singapore Expo. 3.5G is a wireless broadband service available to all Singapore Expo visitors. To enjoy this service, the subscriber will be provided with a sim card for insertion into their 3.5G enabled devices to enjoy this service. Surf wirelessly on the go at broadband speeds with this seamless connection.
7. Porter Xpress (PX) – MICE participants, corporate and business executives with late flights can have their baggage sent to the airport from their hotels or from Singapore Expo through this new Porter Xpress service. With this service, visitors to Singapore Expo will be able to attend events with ease of mind. The Porter Xpress service will be provided at the Business Centre located at Singapore Expo’s Foyer 1 by mid June 2008.
8. Nursing Room – Mothers and babies are also important visitors at Singapore Expo. A nursing room has been built at Foyer 2 where mothers can now feed their babies in comfort and privacy. There are three spacious rooms furnished with comfortable sofas, lamps and side tables, as well as a hot water dispenser and changing tables inside.
9. Electro- Magnetic locks - The current door access system for Halls 7 to 10 has been upgraded from a panic-bolt to an electro-magnetic type. This new system comes with additional CCTV cameras to enhance security for events and operations.
10. ATMs – For the convenience of visitors, a new OCBC ATM will be available at Foyer 2 by end June 2008. Among the services are:
• Account balance enquiry;
• Cash withdrawal;
• Fund Transfer to any OCBC Bank Account;
• Bill payment (Only applicable for OCBC acct holders);
• Cheque status enquiry;
• Statement printout (Only applicable for OCBC current acct);
• Change of ATM PIN;
• Purchase World Cards;
• Electronic Security Application (ESA);
• Cash card top-up.
Other ATMs at Singapore Expo are:
• Foyer 1: DBS;
• Expo MRT station: POSB, Citibank, AXN kiosk.
11. Money Changer – This service will commence at Foyer 2 in July 2008. Service will be available daily from 10am to 8pm.
12. Prayer Room – This will be available at the mezzanine floor of Hall 6 in June 2008. There are separate units for men and ladies. The rooms will be open from 9am to 10pm.