PRZOOM - /newswire/ -
Delhi, New Delhi, India, 2008/06/19 - RNCOS added a new Market Research Report titled, "Cosmetics and Toiletries Market in China" to its report gallery.
China's Cosmetic and Toiletries Industry ranks second after Japan (as of 2007) and has been witnessing strong growth in the Asia-Pacific region. Improved living standards along with rising consciousness about the ‘looks’ have been propelling Chinese consumers to go for more cosmetic and toiletry products in their daily life.
It provides an in-depth analysis of the present and future prospects of the China cosmetic and toiletries industry and gives a panoptic view of the industry, with focus on distribution channels and sales and consumer behavior in China. This report will help the client to examine the opportunities critical to the success of the industry at micro level and exploring opportunities and key challenges lying within the industry.
China’s cosmetics market is flourishing, yet, there is still huge potential for further growth as per capita annual expenditure on cosmetics today is well below the global average. The factors fueling growth into the industry include WTO accession, rising disposable income, changing lifestyles and shift towards westernized culture, among others. At present, the cosmetics and toiletries sales are dominated by the urban areas, but growth in future is expected to come from rural Chinese people boosted by rising middle class families and changing consumption patterns. However, sales of counterfeit products in the rural parts of China will definitely be a huddle for the branded cosmetics products and will need a boost for consumer awareness for future sustainability.
- It is expected that the skin care market, which is the major segment in the cosmetics and toiletries industry, will grow at a CAGR of 12.5% during the period 2008-2012.
- Sales of hair care products are projected to surge at a CAGR of 17% during 2008-2012.
- Within the hair care products, sub-segments like conditioners and colorant will surpass the shampoos growth rate (CAGR) during the forecasted period.
- China’s color cosmetics sales are likely to grow at an AAGR of around 10% during 2008 to 2012.
- Lips products will dominate the future Chinese color market but facial make up sub-segment is expected to contribute more than 31% in make-up/color cosmetics sales by 2012.
- Male fragrance sales are expected to grow faster (at a CAGR of slightly below 11%) than the women fragrance sales in China from 2008 to 2012.
- The overview of Chinese cosmetics and toiletries industry, including sales, company-wise market share, product distribution matrix, and competitive landscape.
- Analysis of the supporting factors for the industry and study of the consumer behavior in China.
- Evaluation of future prospects and challenging factors for Chinese cosmetics and toiletries industry.
- Segment-wise future outlook of cosmetics products.
Research Methodology Used
The information has been sourced from authentic and reliable sources like books, newspapers, trade journals, and white papers, industry portals, government agencies, trade associations, monitoring industry news and developments, and through access to more than 3000 paid databases.
Methods like historical trend, linear regression analysis using software tools, judgmental forecasting, and cause and effect analysis have been used in the report for rational analysis.
RNCOS, incorporated in the year 2002, is an industry research firm. It has a team of industry experts who analyze data collected from credible sources. They provide industry insights and analysis that helps corporations to take timely and accurate business decision in today's globally competitive environment.