The report gives an overview of the technology coupled with its worldwide market status and evaluates the current scenario of the global WiMAX market by technology and region (including Asia-Pacific countries, North America, Latin America, Western and Eastern Europe, Middle East and Africa). It presents a précis on the operators operating in the field and thoroughly discusses WiMAX deployments being carried out all over the world.
World Interoperability for Microwave Access, or WiMAX, is fast gaining traction in the marketplace as the establishment of industry-wide standards has enabled both service providers and technology vendors to make commercial commitments to the technology. With the finalization of the WiMAX 802.16e standard, different kinds of operators all over the world are beginning to focus on the opportunities presented by the WiMAX. Component vendors, infrastructure vendors, and device manufacturers are each playing a role to advance the development and commercialization of WiMAX.
- 3.5 GHz licensed spectrums represent biggest opportunity followed by 2.5 GHz and other 5 GHz is largest unlicensed opportunity.
- Large subscriber base, inadequate broadband infrastructure, along with the need for faster Internet access, will propel growth in WiMAX deployments in the Asia-Pacific and MEA regions.
- Countries such as China, India and Russia, with their underdeveloped infrastructure and large populations, represent strong potential for WiMAX growth.
- Europe is lagging behind slightly in WiMAX deployments due to its well-built cell infrastructure, intense competition, and strong presence of 3G services.
- Finalization of the WiMAX 802.16e standard will offset the growth in WiMAX fixed services and major demand will be seen in mobile WiMAX services in coming few years.
- The price difference between WiMAX and DSL tends to be narrow, which tends to negate price as a factor for potential customers.
Key Issues Analyzed
- What is the current scenario of global WiMAX market?
- Which are the factors fueling growth in the global WiMAX market?
- What is the status of WiMAX deployment in various countries across the world?
- Which region will see major growth in WiMAX deployment and why?
- What are the opportunities emerging from the growing global WiMAX market?
- Who are the major market players (including infrastructure vendors, and device and chip manufacturers)?
This section provides brief overview of the key players in WiMAX field. Major Infrastructure and Device Vendors include Alcatel-Lucent, Nokia Siemens Networks, Nortel, Airspan Networks Inc., Navini Networks, Fujitsu Limited, Alvarion Limited and Redline Communications. Major Chipset Vendors include Intel, Motorola and Samsung Electronics Co. Limited.
Research Methodology Used
Information has been sourced from books, newspapers, trade journals, and white papers, industry portals, government agencies, trade associations, monitoring industry news and developments, and through access to more than 3000 paid databases.
The analysis method includes ratio analysis, historical trend analysis, linear regression analysis using software tools, judgmental forecasting, and cause and effect analysis.
RNCOS, incorporated in the year 2002, is an industry research firm. It has a team of industry experts who analyze data collected from credible sources. They provide industry insights and analysis that helps corporations to take timely and accurate business decision in today's globally competitive environment.