PRZOOM - /newswire/ -
Rochester Hills, MI, United States, 2008/05/28 - The IMO PSPC regulation for salt water ballast tanks comes into force with effect from 1st July 2008 for all ships in excess of 500 GRT.
This regulation introduces a rigorous inspection regime which includes coating thickness and, in particular, the introduction of a new performance standard for Dry Film Thickness – the PSPC 90/10 rule.
This rule states that 90% of all thickness measurements shall be greater than or equal to NDFT (Nominal Dry Film Thickness) and none of the remaining 10% measurements shall be below 0.9 x NDFT. This is one of the hardest standards to calculate and almost impossible without the aid of print outs, calculators or computers, until now!
The Elcometer 4563 Coating Thickness Gauge is the world’s first and only coating thickness gauge which gives the user PSPC results for the 90/10 rule as a “Pass or Fail” as measurements are taken.
Elcometer’s Flagship, Market-leading, Coating Thickness Gauge just got better!
Our state of the art Elcometer 4563 Coating Thickness gauges are fully compliant with IMO PSPC regulations. Memory gauges are supplied with Bluetooth® wireless technology and ElcoMaster Software™ allowing the user to produce professional inspection reports – instantly.
Elcometer (elcometer.com) is a leading manufacturer of inspection equipment. Established in 1947, Elcometer is a family run company and a manufacturer of high quality inspection equipment for coatings, concrete and industrial metal detection. Elcometer is a global operation with offices in the UK, USA, Germany, France, Belgium and Singapore and with distribution outlets in 150 locations worldwide. Our technical capabilities, commitment and investment in research and development, innovation, quality and service make Elcometer the perfect choice for inspection equipment.