PRZOOM - /newswire/ -
Delhi, New Delhi, India, 2008/05/27 - RNCOS has added a new report to its report gallery, "Middle East Retail Sector Analysis (2007-2010)", which provides extensive research and rational analysis on the retail industry in the Middle East.
RNCOS has recently added a new Market Research Report titled, "Middle East Retail Sector Analysis (2007-2010)" to its report gallery. The report provides extensive research and rational analysis on the retail industry of the Middle East. It provides country-level analysis of the retail industry scenario in the Middle East. The report prudently evaluates various aspects of the industry and underlines the key issues related to the industry. The research report helps clients to analyze the opportunities and factors critical to the success of the retail industry in the Middle East.
The retail sector in the Middle East region is growing rapidly. The increasing household consumption, affluent population, and booming services industry (tourism, banking and trading sectors) are propelling growth of the region’s retail industry. Also, the modern shopping malls anchoring state-of-the-art hypermarkets and various shopping events like Dubai Shopping Festival, makes the region a highly profitable destination for retail players.
Middle Eastern countries examined in this report include those of the Gulf Co-operation Council (GCC), the United Arab Emirates (UAE), Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Oman and other countries that are part of the Middle East, like Turkey, Egypt, Jordan, Israel, and Iran.
- Increasing population and growing economy will remain one of the major key drivers for the growth of retail industry in the Middle East Region.
- Per capita consumption of cosmetics and fragrances in the Gulf region is one of the highest in the world.
- Large availability of retail space in the Middle East makes it all the more attractive for industry players; Dubai alone is expected to see a growth of over 263% in its Gross Leasable Area by 2010 from 2006.
- Various shopping events like Dubai (Dubai Summer Surprises and Dubai Shopping Festival) and Dubai Duty Free (DDF) is the major contributor in the UAE’s retail industry, with retail sales in DDF accounting for more than 9% of total retail sales in the UAE.
- The trend of shopping at modern retail formats is growing in Middle East.
- Preference for international brands among consumers in the Middle East is increasing.
- Prevalence of lifestyle-related diseases offers opportunities for dietetic and health foods.
Key Issues & Facts
- What is the market size and scope of the retail industry in Middle East?
- What is the segment-wise size of market and what are its growth prospects?
- What are the emerging trends there?
- Which factors are driving growth in this sector?
- What and where are the growth prospects and issues related to the industry?
- What are the opportunities and challenges faced by retailers in Middle East?
- Who are the major players in the Middle East retail industry?
This section covers the key facts about players currently operating in the Middle East retail industry, including Carrefour, EMKE Group, Blue Square Israel Ltd., Sultan Center etc.
Information has been sourced from books, newspapers, trade journals, and white papers, industry portals, government agencies, trade associations, monitoring industry news and developments, and through access to more than 3000 paid databases.
The analysis methods include ratio analysis, historical trend analysis, linear regression analysis using software tools, judgmental forecasting, and cause and effect analysis.
RNCOS, incorporated in the year 2002, is an industry research firm. It has a team of industry experts who analyze data collected from credible sources. They provide industry insights and analysis that helps corporations to take timely and accurate business decision in today's globally competitive environment.