PRZOOM - /newswire/ -
London, United Kingdom, 2008/03/07 - Hamish Davidson, one of the UK’s higher-profile headhunters, will be sharing his specialist advice on the skills needed to excel in today's job market, at the latest Rockpools executive development programme.
This free half-day event, which is aimed at professionals seeking executive and non-executive roles in every sector, will take place from 4pm to 9pm on 22 April 2008 at The Telegraph’s offices in Victoria.
Hamish, who is the Chairman and Senior Partner of Rockpools, a UK market leader in executive and interim resourcing, said: “Making your way through the job-hunting maze to find a rewarding role can sometimes be a difficult process.
“Through this workshop, I hope to provide sound advice and practical tips to support executives in their next career move, drawn from over 20 years’ experience supporting individuals to find fulfilling leadership roles across the private, public and third sectors. Whether you are in a job, looking for one or just want change, I invite you attend this free event on 22 April,” he said.
The event will cover the following topics:
• How the job market works
• How to get the attention of recruiters and headhunters
• Mastering the basics– avoiding pitfalls with CVs, covering letters, personal statements, applications and interviews
• Ethics, value and culture – finding out before you join
• Personal brand and reputation how and why integrity matters
• Moving across and between the private, public and not for profit sectors: opportunities and crossovers
• How to stand out at interview – or how to avoid standing out for the wrong reasons.
The event will also include a question and answer time enabling attendees to ask Hamish and Rockpools colleagues their personal career development questions.
Rockpools’ previous executive development programmes have been hugely popular and have received positive feedback.
To register to attend Rockpools’ executive development programme on 22 April 2008, or for more information about the event, visit Rockpools’ website.