Christopher Philip, SVP, Chief Experience Officer for Doremus, the specialist business communications agency, will chair the panel of judges for the third year in a row at the Journal of Advertising and Marketing’s media strategy awards.
Mr. Philip has spent over two decades creating insight-driven, brand-building media programs for clients, many of them Fortune 500 companies. While at Doremus, B2B Magazine has named him one of their “top media strategists” three years consecutively. His media plans for Doremus clients have launched innovations such as the first ever insert in Barron’s history and first ever cover wrap on a Conde Nast publication (on CN’s debut issue of Portfolio), as well as other print layout innovations.
The Journal of Financial Advertising and Marketing (JFAM), along with the Financial Marketers’ Alliance (FMA), holds the annual awards show for the “best of the best” financial media strategists. The deadline for entry is January 28, 2008. Information about the competition is available by e-mailing: strategy[.]financialadvertising.com.
The financial categories recognized by the JFAM media strategy awards are: Retail Banking & Lending; Credit Card; Individual Investment; Brokerage; Investment Banking; Institutional Investment; Insurance; Corporate; and General Financial Branding. Entries for the 2008 show are limited to financial media strategies conceived or executed, at least in part, during 2007.
Mr. Philip will oversee an illustrious panel of judges representing the leading minds in financial media and marketing. Among them:
• Benji Baer, Director of Marketing Communications, Legg Mason
• Gayle M. Bock, Group Head, Premium Products, MasterCard Worldwide
• Scott Brennan, VP, Marketing, Morgan Stanley
• Elaine Boxer, Vice President, Avenue A – Razorfish
• Stephen Cone, CMO, Epsilon
• Christopher Cunningham, CEO, Leadfusion
• Frank Dudley, VP, Marketing, Guideline
• Adam Gelles, CEO, AMMG
• Bruce Goldberg, CMO, International Securities Exchange
• Seth Greenberg, Director, Online Advertising & Internet Media, Intuit
• Paul Halpern, VP Bank Marketing, E*TRADE Financial
• Peggy Johnson, Associate Director of Advertising, Smith Barney/Citi
• Eileen Lynch, FVP, Marketing, Merrill Lynch
• Stephen MacDonald, Exec. Creative Dir., The Mortar Agency + Aimed Arrow
• David Merrill, National Marketing Leader, Delloite & Touche USA, LLP
• Catherine Muriel, CMO, Prosper
• Fred Pfaff, CEO, Fred Pfaff, Inc.
• Chris Poe, Dir. of Advertising & Brand Management, BlackRock Financial
• Marc Prosser, CMO, FXCM
• Marisa Ricardi, VP, Marketing, Goldman Sachs
• Hugh Scallon, Marketing Head, Consumer Products, Aetna
• Danuta Shasha, VP, Director of Media Services, Fidelity Investments
• David Sheehan, Partner, Financial Services Director, Sullivan
• Bryan Stapp, CEO, Loud Amplifier Marketing
• John Tracey, Head of Brand Communications, Deutsche Bank
• Jeff Wilson, SVP Marketing Communications, GE Commercial Finance
• David Wurfel, SVP, Brand Advertising, Capital One
The JFAM Media Strategy Award is organized by The Wreaks Media Group. The company specializes in issues surrounding financial services marketing. Based in New York, the company is separated into three distinct areas: Publishing, Network & Events, and Research & Consulting. WMG publishes The Journal of Financial Advertising & Marketing, a printed professional quarterly devoted to sharing expert opinions in and about the financial marketing industry. The company also manages the Financial Marketers Alliance, a network comprising over 700 financial marketing professionals worldwide. Through it, WMG hosts numerous events each year around financial marketing-related topics.
Doremus is a specialist in a world of generalists. With offices in New York, San Francisco, London and Hong Kong, they specialize in business communications, helping companies to grow. They do this by leveraging a unique understanding of their clients’ target audiences …taking the complex and making it compelling through intellect, insight, ideas and impact.