PRZOOM - /newswire/ -
St Albans, Herts, United Kingdom, 2007/12/17 - Trainer1 – one of the UK’s leading independent e-learning specialists and Britain’s premier Lectora distributor – is among the first in the UK to offer customers Lectora 2008, the latest version of the Lectora authoring tool from Trivantis.
The Lectora authoring tool, which provides single-click publishing to Web-ready dynamic HTML, CD, single file executable, SCORM, AICC and LRN learning standards, has now been augmented by some 50 new features and enhancements. These include a new maintenance plan – available from Trainer1 - for upgrading at lower cost.
According to Trainer1’s Neil Lasher, who is a long-standing member of the product’s beta-test team: “Lectora 2008 is now faster and more robust than ever before, yet remains easy to use. For example, its Actions Palette enables users to create unlimited interactive learning objects using show and hide functionality, mouse-overs, object visibility toggling, executables and so on to create didactic and/or branched learning scenarios.”
Among the new features of Lectora 2008 are:
• Flash Conversion – Automatically compress and convert video and audio to Flash format. Lectora 2008 provides better compression for faster loading of content, smaller file sizes to free up bandwidth space, complete browser compatibility and the option to view videos in full screen.
• Help Agents – Interactive video help guides provide animated tutorials on the key features in Lectora.
• Media Library – One central location for media files - which can now include keywords and metadata to simplify searches – and is accessible by multiple users.
• Certificate Tool – Create customisable template-based certificates.
• Easy Access Template Gallery – Access more than 250 templates within Lectora.
• Content Protection – Protect published content and make it nearly impossible for students to copy and paste from course pages.
“Lectora has been tested and certified as meeting the latest AICC certification guidelines and SCORM specifications,” Lasher said.
“Lectora authored content integrates with all learning management systems certified as compliant with AICC guideline AGR-010— Web-Based Computer Managed Instruction. These specifications allow for the development of common open-architecture guidelines for interoperable learning environments.
“Moreover, its new features keep Lectora at the very top of the user-friendly authoring tool tree,” Lasher commented. “No self-respecting e-learning developer should miss out on reviewing this product.”
Trainer1 is one of the UK's and leading independent e-learning specialists, established in 1992.
Being 'Vendor Neutral', it assists customers to choose from the best available products to achieve their goals - offering many competing tools in the e-learning market. These tools deal with Authoring, Management and Content Production.
Trainer1 offers a range of services to provide an end-to-end e-learning solution, including a number of training courses in design, development and content production, as well as a full production service for bespoke development.
Further information from:
Trainer1 Offices and HQ located at 26 Kimberley Court, Kimberley Road, London NW6 7SL
USA Satellite office is located at Trainer1 House, 331 Little Creek Drive, Nazareth, PA 18064
Neil Lasher, Trainer1, +44 (0) 20 7624 4844
From USA: 1-888-4T1-4CSL (1-888-481-4275)