PRZOOM - /newswire/ -
London, United Kingdom, 2007/11/19 - Leading Information & Communication Technologies (ICT) companies celebrated their outstanding performance at Frost & Sullivan’s Awards Banquet held on Friday, 16 November 2007, at Le Meridien, Juan Les Pins, France.
The Awards recognised companies demonstrating outstanding achievements and superior performance in areas such as leadership, technological innovation and strategic product development, contributing to growth in the industry. A wide range of industry leaders were recognised for their outstanding achievements in areas such as Product Line Strategy, Product Innovation, Market Leadership, and Technology Leadership within the various ICT sectors.
In his welcome speech, Mr. Jan Erik Kristiansen, Partner at Frost & Sullivan stated: “Frost & Sullivan identifies and communicates the excellence of companies which are outstanding in their field or industries. Our unbiased Awards not only have an impact on the companies, but also on the people behind the curtains.”
The evening’s proceedings culminated in an Awards ceremony where the guest of honor, Senator Pierre Lafitte of Alpes Maritimes spoke of the rapidly evolving climate in the industry. "Today we face a revolution of the business climate: changes realize one thousand times more rapid than they used to. We must support and invest in positive innovations. The biggest risk is to take no risk. We should create a European solution for an innovative society."
Given ICT’s fundamental role in environmental sustainability, this year’s event carried a ‘green’ theme. The event premiered Frost & Sullivan’s much coveted ‘Green Excellence Awards’ where a handful of companies were short-listed as the forerunners in promoting environmental sustainability within the Information and Communication Technologies sector. The evening’s gala was preceded by a press conference and a visit to the adjacent Sophia Antipolis technology park where together with the Senator; guests were invited to participate in a tree-planting, carbon off-setting activity.
This year’s event attracted over 50 industry leaders, a large majority of whom were C-level executives. Amidst the breezy seaside setting, the atmosphere of the event was a vibrant one, with many looking forward to the next banquet.
Among the award recipients that were in attendance at the event to celebrate their achievements include:
• 2007 Stratecast Global Billing Mediation Technical Excellence Award – OPENET;
• 2007 European Diagnostic Equipment Technological Innovation Award – TEXA;
• 2007 European WLAN Infrastructure Industry Innovation and Advancement of the Year Award - TRAPEZE NETWORKS;
• 2007 Global Near Field Communication Technology Leadership Award – VENYON;
• 2007 European MSS Market Leadership Award - BT;
• 2007 European Smart Card Readers and Chipset Market Leadership Award – GEMALTO;
• 2007 European Hands-free Audio Communication Product Line Strategy Award – ClearOne;
• 2007 European Mobile Contactless Technologies Product Innovation Award – GEMALTO;
• 2007 European Telco Product Differentiation Innovation of the Year Award – OpenCloud;
• 2007 European Green Excellence in Product Innovation Award – FRANCE TELECOM;
• 2007 European CPE Managed Security Services Product Differentiation Innovation Award – ORANGE BUSINESS SERVICES;
• 2007 European Network Security Customer Value Enhancement Award – SOPHOS;
• 2007 Global Anti-Malware Distribution Strategy Leadership Award – F-SECURE CORPORATION;
• 2007 North American Enterprise Voice Communication Growth Excellence Award – SANGOMA;
For more information about our Industry Excellence Awards, please refer to Frost & Sullivan's website.
For further details on the event, kindly contact: Joanna Lewandowska.
About Frost & Sullivan
Frost & Sullivan, the Growth Consulting Company, partners with clients to accelerate their growth. The company's Growth Partnership Services, Growth Consulting and Career Best Practices empower clients to create a growth focused culture that generates, evaluates and implements effective growth strategies. Frost & Sullivan employs over 45 years of experience in partnering with Global 1000 companies, emerging businesses and the investment community from more than 30 offices on six continents. For more information about Frost & Sullivan’s Growth Partnerships, visit .