The Knowledge Foundation announced today that Dr. John R. Davey from the Institute for Hydrogen and Fuel Cell Research at the Los Alamos National Laboratory will speak at the 3rd Fuel Cells Durability & Performance conference taking place in Miami, FL from November 15-16, 2007. Dr. Davey will discuss the testing of polymer electrolyte membrane (PEM) fuel cells with a special emphasis on understanding the degradation mechanisms for specific fuel cell components. The Los Alamos National Laboratory has more than 20 years of experience in fuel cell research.
According to Dr. Serge Pan, Vice President at The Knowledge Foundation, “The durability and performance of fuel cells have a major impact on the most important challenges facing fuel cell commercialization including final cost, mass production, system integration, functionality and reliability.” Drawing on the internationally recognized Knowledge Foundation Fuel Cells Conference Series, this meeting will provide an interdisciplinary forum for fuel cell developers, manufacturers and suppliers working in the fields of materials, stacks, system design, fabrication, and testing.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Kev Adjemian, PhD, Nissan Motor Co., Ltd
- Everett B. Anderson, PhD, Distributed Energy Systems
- Kevin Beverage, Nuvera Fuel Cells, Inc.
- Andrew Creeth, PhD, ACAL Energy Ltd
- John R. Davey, PhD, Los Alamos National Laboratory
- Mark K. Debe, PhD, 3M Fuel Cell Components Program, 3M Center
- Gonzalo Escobedo, PhD, DuPont Fuel Cells
- Alejandro A. Franco, PhD, French Atomic Energy Commission/CEA-Grenoble
- Nancy Garland, PhD, U.S. Department of Energy
- Sarb Giddey, PhD, CSIRO Energy Technology
- James T. Goldbach, PhD, Arkema Inc.
- Nathan Hurvitz, VIASPACE
- Tom Jarvi, PhD, UTC Power, United Technologies
- Jennifer Kurtz, National Renewable Energy Laboratory
- Karren L. More, PhD, Oak Ridge National Laboratory
- Bhabendra Pradhan, PhD, Columbian Chemicals Company
- George S. Saloka, Ford Motor Company
- Toshiki Sato, Kobe Steel, Ltd
- Jesse M. Schneider, DaimlerChrysler Corporation
- Elena Shembel, DSc, Enerize Corporation
- George Skinner, Ballard Power Systems, Inc.
- Vesna Stanic, PhD, EnerFuel
- Peter Wilde, PhD, SGL Technologies GmbH
About The Knowledge Foundation
The Knowledge Foundation (knowledgefoundation.com) is committed to integrating scientific ingenuity and real-world applications by fostering collaborative research at the rapidly changing intersection of science and business. Known for providing its members with direct and unbiased state-of-the-art scientific information, The Knowledge Foundation is uniquely qualified to provide wider exposure for important developments in the emerging fields of alternative energy, nanotechnology, and chemical/biological detection technologies.