PRZOOM - /newswire/ -
Xizhi City, Taipei, Taiwan, 2007/10/29 - The leading storage provider, QNAP Systems, Inc. today introduced the new member QBack-35S to its external hard drive enclosure QBack series.
The sleek, titanium black QBack-35S combines simplicity and high performance. The device supports single 3.5” SATA hard drive, up to 1TB storage capacity, and USB 2.0 and eSATA high-speed transfer interfaces. QBack-35S is dedicated to users who require highly secure, reliable, and low cost data backup, fast data access, and large storage capacity.
With QBack-35S, users can experience handsfree automatic synchronization backup, AES 256-bit encryption, and e-mail (Outlook, Outlook Express, and Windows Mail) backup. The award-winning backup software QBack is enclosed in the package to provide four backup modes. In addition to the unique auto-sync backup, one touch backup is supported. Users can back up data immediately by pressing the one touch button on the device. QBack also provides instant and schedule backup modes. Schedule backup enables automatic data backup according to the schedule defined by users. After the one-time configuration, simply connect QBack-35S to the computer via the USB 2.0 interface anytime, the selected data are automatically backed up to the device. There are no more hassles of traditional backup which requires manual file selection, dragging and dropping. QBack realizes true handsfree, real-time, and efficient backup.
Besides serving as a backup device for Windows PC, QBack-35S can be applied as storage expansion for QNAP Linux embedded products by formatting the drive on QBack-35 via these products. Users can enjoy large volume expansion as well as high-speed data transfer via the USB 2.0 or e-SATA connection of QBack-35S.
QBack-35S main features:
- Automatic file backup (one-way synchronization) through the powerful QBack auto-backup software installed on PC/notebook
- Multiple choices of backup modes: Auto-Backup (one-way synchronization), Schedule backup, Instant backup, and One-Touch-Button (OTB) backup (For QBack Software with USB connection only)
- Incremental backup feature for all modes, only modified files and newly created files on computer will be backed up to save time
- Smart detection of backup file size and available storage capacity on the disk to ensure successful backup.
- Backup all files in computer including all mails in Outlook, Outlook Express, Windows Mail (for Vista), My Documents, Favorites, Fonts, and Desktop
- Advanced data encryption technology (AES 256-bit) to make sure the backup data is securely protected at all times
- Hard disk can be partitioned into 2 disks: Public and Secure disks by Quick Install Wizard
- USB 2.0 and eSATA interfaces for fast file transfer rate
- Support 3.5" SATA HDD up to 1TB (not included)
- Support Windows Vista (32-bit)/ XP/ 2000/ Server 2003
- Convenient data restore to original paths
- Multilingual support: English, Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, Japanese, Korean, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Russian