PRZOOM - /newswire/ -
St Albans, Herts, United Kingdom, 2007/10/25 - Trainer1 is running a further Cracking e-learning workshop at the Radisson Edwardian Heathrow Hotel, London, UK, on 21st November. Further workshops on this theme will follow in the United States.
Following the success of independent e-learning specialist Trainer1’s ‘Cracking e-learning’ one-day workshop in London which attracted delegates from BT, BUPA, L&G and the London Ambulance Service, Trainer1 is running a further Cracking e-learning workshop at the Radisson Edwardian Heathrow Hotel, London, on 21st November.
The ‘Cracking e-learning’ course covers all aspects of e-learning development – who should be involved and when to involve them; what are the pitfalls; how can they be avoided; what sort of marketing strategy should be employed to capture the attention of your end users, and how to maximise the impact of corporate culture into your learning.
“Heeding the lessons it would teach you could help you to save the cost of the course many times over,” said the workshop’s facilitator, Trainer1’s Neil Lasher, who is also the President of the ASTD Global Network UK, a committee member of the eLearning Network (eLN), the UK’s foremost professional association for users and developers of e-learning, and a world-renowned instructional design specialist.
In particular, the workshop covers:
• Understanding the Infrastructure: a non-technical introduction to the web (IS); LMS (SCORM/AICC); browsers, and so on.
• The Graphics and Media Explanation: video, sound and animation (creation, sizing and when to use what); media types; animation types; sound and video.
• The Engagement Line: how to keep the user engaged (interaction).
• The Build: who does what; keeping your project on track; working with subject matter experts, graphic designers and external providers.
• A four-stage Build Plan: identification; quick & dirty build; adding the learning; building engagement.
One delegate on the initial workshop in London commented: “This was pitched at just at the right level. I now have the knowledge I need to converse with the people in my organisation to make it all work."
Lasher, who runs these workshops in the UK and USA, explained: “Imagine you have just received the green light from your boss to implement e-learning into your organisation. What do you do next?
“Do you buy or build? How would you select an authoring tool?
“Which learning management system – if any – do you need? How do you get e-learning created?
“At each stage of the e-learning scoping, commissioning, design, delivery and review cycle there are potentially costly mistakes to be made,” he said.
“We have noticed a growing trend towards organisations taking the generation of e-learning materials in-house,” Lasher revealed. “This workshop offers those who have been given responsibility for developing e-learning materials but who may not be experienced instructional designers a way of plugging any skills gaps and becoming competent in e-learning generation as quickly as possible.”
Cracking e-learning covers:
• Understand the Infrastructure. A non-technical introduction to the web (IS); LMS (SCORM/AICC); browsers
• The Graphics and Media Explanation: video, sound and animation (creation, sizing and when to use what); media types; animation types; sound and video
• The Engagement Line: how to keep the user engaged (interaction)
• The Build: who does what; keeping your project on track; working with subject matter experts, graphic designers and external providers
• A 4-stage Build Plan: identification; quick & dirty build; adding the learning; building engagement
Trainer1 is one of the UK's and leading independent e-learning specialists, established in 1992.
Being 'Vendor Neutral', it assists customers to choose from the best available products to achieve their goals - offering many competing tools in the e-learning market. These tools deal with Authoring, Management and Content Production.
Trainer1 offers a range of services to provide an end-to-end e-learning solution, including a number of training courses in design, development and content production, as well as a full production service for bespoke development.
Further information from:
Trainer1 Offices and HQ located at 26 Kimberley Court, Kimberley Road, London NW6 7SL
USA Satellite office is located at Trainer1 House, 331 Little Creek Drive, Nazareth, PA 18064
Neil Lasher, Trainer1, +44 (0) 20 7624 4844
From USA: 1-888-4T1-4CSL (1-888-481-4275)