Excel Software is shipping RbApp 2.1 for REALbasic developers. RbApp is a collection of reusable classes for developing Mac OS X and Windows software using the REALbasic programming language from REAL Software. RbApp can substantially reduce the development cost of any application that requires graphics, page layout, grids, text editing, undo/redo commands, tool bars and palettes, string lists, application help, license management, XML storage, cross-platform file management, charts or graphs.
The new release has enhancements in the RbEdit, RbView, RbCommand, RbPalette, RbGrid, RbChart, RbStringList, RbXML, RbHelp, RbQuickLicense and RbLibrary components. RbApp components include:
• RbGrid - Flexible, scaleable grid with powerful programming control
• RbChart - Dynamic charts, graphs and tables with minimal programming
• RbEdit - Text editing of large files with undo/redo, find/replace and print
• RbView - Powerful page layout built on the REALbasic graphic routines
• RbCommand - Undo/redo menu and mouse commands
• RbPalette - Tool bars and palettes for any platform
• RbStringList - String list management to simplify and optimize code
• RbXML – Fast XML read and write of data with minimal programming
• RbHelp - QuickHelp integration for interactive application help
• RbQuickLicense - QuickLicense support for license management and protection
• RbLibrary - Text editing and file management routines
Version 2.1 adds dozens of new properties and methods throughout the RbApp classes. For example, RbGrid can now manage external data stored in files, databases or program variables. External data can be linked to any cell within the rows and columns of a grid. Cell data can be colored, styled, sized or edited with standard controls like an edit field, popup menu, combobox, slider bar, checkbox or radio button list.
RbApp 2.1 supports REALbasic 2005, 2006 and 2007. It has been tested on PPC and Intel Mac OS X computers with Universal Binary support and Windows 98 through Vista. RbApp is $295 for a single user license. It can easily be added to any Macintosh or Windows REALbasic program in minutes using a step-by-step procedure. It includes sample applications, source code examples, a printed and PDF Developer’s Guide and royalty-free distribution of RbApp code compiled into applications. Visit the company website for product information, a free trial edition or secure online ordering.
Excel Software provides tools to thousands of developers worldwide. Capabilities include system modeling, simulation, requirements management, software design, code generation, reverse engineering, bug tracking, help authoring and license management.