ADS Portal, a privately held subscription based managed service provider, today announced that Rowanmoor Pensions has upgraded its OnlineDesktop service to OnlineOffice, providing Voice over IP (VoIP) telephony integration with its desktop system. The contract is for a 3 year term and covers over 200 users.
The OnlineDesktop service is a complete, secure computing environment that delivers customers’ software applications and business data anywhere and over any connection, including the Internet, making it one of the most powerful and flexible IT solutions available today. In addition, OnlineVoice is a dedicated hosted IP telephony service from ADS Portal. By combining OnlineDesktop and OnlineVoice, OnlineOffice provides a desktop computing environment, software applications and a feature-rich telephony system.
“Having subscribed to OnlineDesktop since November 2006, we were keen to discover the benefits of integrating Voice over IP telephony with the system,” said David Seaton, Director, Rowanmoor Pensions. “ADS Portal’s OnlineDesktop solution provides us with everything we need from an IT system. By integrating our telephony needs, utilising ADS Portal’s OnlineOffice service we are saving over £60,000 a year on telecom costs alone.”
The benefits that Rowanmoor Pensions achieve from OnlineOffice are:
• Staff can dial directly from within their Outlook contacts or line of business applications;
• Incoming calls can be announced with caller information taken from the company’s systems, thus providing a truly personal service to the caller;
• Users have easy access to their own call management; using a simple wizard they can choose what to do with a call based upon, perhaps, the time of the day, the day of the week, what the calling party’s number is
• All changes required to the telephony system are conducted by ADS Portal;
• Home users or mobile workers can have business extensions to the system;
• Productivity benefits are gained from having integration between applications, data and contact information by unifying telephony into the other computer based communication mediums being used on a daily basis;
• With access being location independent, home and remote workers can deliver the same levels of customer service as when they are office based;
• Free internal site to site calls (using the existing data network);
• Huge savings on outbound calls through SIP provided Least Cost Routing.
Ian Readman, Managing Director, ADS Portal commented, “Our OnlineDesktop solution is already deployed to over 1000 users and we have taken our skills and knowledge in deploying applications to the next stage; hosted VoIP. OnlineOffice is ideally suited to small to medium companies with employees of between 20 and 300. Rowanmoor Pensions, like all of our customers, now has a high performance, secure and robust IT and Voice provision. By subscribing to OnlineOffice, businesses benefit from an enterprise, integrated computing and voice solution, but at an affordable cost, via our “pay-as-you-go” pricing structure, along with savings of up to 40% on traditional telecom costs.”
About ADS Portal
ADS Portal provide subscription based (per user, per month) computing and telephony services through their OnlineDesktop, OnlineVoice and OnlineOffice solutions. Privately held, ADS Portal (adsportal.net) was established in 2002 and OnlineDesktop is already used by a wide variety of organisations, whose size varies from just a few users to multiple hundreds. Customers represent a broad spectrum of business sectors and industries, including Finance, Property, Legal and Insurance.
About Rowanmoor Pensions
Rowanmoor Pensions was awarded best small self-administered scheme (SSAS) provider in the 2006 Pensions Management Technology Administration and Service Awards.
Rowanmoor Pensions was launched in September 2006 by Ian Hammond and David Seaton, previously directors of James Hay Consultancy, which they built into one of the most successful SSAS businesses in the UK. Rowanmoor Pensions provides business financial planning, actuarial and pension advisory services to IFAs, accountants and their clients.
Rowanmoor Pensions currently employs nearly 200 people and administers over 4,400 schemes.
Rowanmoor Pensions is a trading name of the Rowanmoor Group plc companies. Rowanmoor Group plc is registered in England (no. 5792242) at Rowanmoor House, 46-50 Castle Street, Salisbury SP1 3TS.