PRZOOM - /newswire/ -
Melbourne, FL, United States, 2007/08/29 - The Internet has dramatically altered the playing ground for job seekers. CDI’s Career Industry Mega Trends report provides strategies for handling changes in Career Fraud, Paperless Applications, Privacy Issues, Social Networking, and Interviewing.
Due to the Internet, new federal regulations, technology, and the transparency of information, jobseekers must change the way in which they find and apply for jobs, prepare for the interview, position themselves to take advantage of the Web 2.0 role of social networking, and avoid committing career fraud.
A recent in-depth research study, 2007 Career Industry Mega Trends, conducted by Career Directors International, reveals groundbreaking information on topics critical to the job seeker, such as how to:
• Prepare your application cover letter for PDA readability;
• Avoid a fine for educational fraud on your resume;
• Understand the new federal rules of 'what constitutes a job candidate' and how to avoid having your resume kicked out of the system for not meeting those criteria;
• Circumvent SPAM words that will land your resume in the trash such as the innocent academic honor 'Cum Laude';
• Plan for new interview types such as CIDS and the speed interview;
• Uncover what you can do to survive the now-prevalent employer background check.
This dynamic 50-page report is divided into five concise sections, which include: Resume Writing, Paperless Applications & the Internet; Advancements in Job Interviewing; Background Investigation & Privacy; Resume & Application Fraud; and New Trends in Networking: Social Networking. It is supported by cited findings and a global survey of human resource professionals on the most timely and relevant questions job seekers are asking.
The complete report is available f*ree to members of the media and a Web URL link will be provided upon request. Career professionals and job seekers can also access the report free of charge by registering to receive it as five separate monthly papers. Media interviews are available with President, Laura DeCarlo, as well as with members of CDI's the research committee.
About Career Directors International (CDI)
Career Directors International (careerdirectors.com) is the premier educational and credentialing organization for career professionals. Global membership spans all career disciplines and includes resume writers, career coaches and counselors, job developers, recruiters, outplacement specialists, HR practitioners and other specialists from private practice, civil service, academia and military.