PRZOOM - /newswire/ -
New Delhi, Delhi, India, 2007/08/02 - Annual General Meeting of SMC dated 28th July, 2007 at 11:30 am at FICCI Golden Jubilee Auditorium, 1 Tansen Marg, New Delhi-110001, Mr. S. C. Aggarwal, Chairman & Managing Director, SMC, said "SMC predicts phenomenal.
The Company achieved total revenue of Rs. 481 million and net income of Rs. 213 million compared to the total revenue of Rs. 350 and net income of Rs. 152 million in corresponding quarter in 2007, representing a sharp growth of 38% and 40%, for total revenue and net income respectively.
As part of its rapid growth, SMC Group reported an increase in trading volume, recording an average of 175,000 trades per day for Q1 FY 2008 (compared to an average of 140,000 trades per day for Q1 FY 2007). SMC Group also reported a 73% increase in trading turnover: $45 billion for Q1 FY 2008 (compared with $26 billion, for Q1 FY 2007).
SMC Group also reported an increase in the number of branches, cities covered and customers served. As of June 30, 2007, SMC:
• Increased retail distribution network to 925 branches (compared with 592 branches as of June 30, 2006)
• Increased nationwide presence to 225 cities (compared with 150 cities as of June 30, 2006)
• Increased customers: serves the financial needs of 300,000 investors (compared with 160,000 investors as of June 30, 2006).
SMC Group's financial performance is set forth below:
Audited results for the fiscal years ended March 31,
Rupee in Millions 2005 2006 2007
Revenues Rs.376 Rs.744 Rs.1442
EBITDA 75 318 764
Net Income 49 220 548
SMC Global (smconlineindia.com) is one of the largest and most reputed Investment Solutions Company that provides a wide range of services to its substantial and diversified client base. Founded in 1990, by Mr. Subhash Chand Aggarwal and Mr. Mahesh Chand Gupta, SMC, is a full financial services firm catering to all classes of investors. The company is having its corporate office in New Delhi with regional offices in Mumbai, Kolkata, Chennai, Ahemdabad, Cochin, Hyderabad, Jaipur plus a growing network of more than 900 offices across over 240 cities/towns in India and overseas office in Dubai.
Memberships and Registrations:
• Member of NSE, BSE, F&O, NCDEX, MCX & DGCX;
• Clearing Member in NSE F&O, BSE F&O and DGCX;
• Depository Participant for both shares & Commodities;
• Category 1 SEBI approved Merchant Banker;
• Insurance Broker (Life & Non-Life);
• Distributors of IPOs, Mutual Funds and various other 3rd party products.
• Pan-India presence having 900+ offices spread across more than 240 cities and growing;
• Commanding the faith of over 300000 satisfied investors;
• More than 3500 trading terminals of NSE, BSE, F&O, NCDEX and MCX installed;
• Highly dedicated workforce of 1000+ employees, 6000+ financial advisors in SMC network;
• Average daily turnover exceeding $600 million per day & annual turnover over $100 billion in the last financial year (2006-07);
• Fast growing company showing a 90% growth in revenue from $ 18.38 million in 2005-06 to $ 34.33 million in 2006-07;
• State of art technology and trading platform processing 175000 transactions daily;
• Strong presence in the business with a rich experience of over 17 years;
• Commanding more than 3% of the total market share in the Indian equities and derivatives market, over 4% in the Indian commodities market and more than 10% in Dubai gold and commodities exchange;
• Handling more than 175000 trades per day;
• Taking care of over 64000 DP clients;
• Dedicated arbitrage wing of more than 200 arbitragers, doing risk-free arbitrage between capital market & futures in both equity and commodity markets;
• Equipped with hi-tech in-house R&D wing and technological resources providing complete research solutions;
• Fast, Transparent and easy to use Online Internet Trading Platform;
• Special advisory services to HNIs and Corporates;
• Clearing member to 56 trading members in NSE F&O, BSE F&O and DGCX i.e. 24 in NSE, 30 in BSE and 2 in DGCX.
• ISO 9001:2000 certified DP for both shares and commodities;
• 3rd largest broking house of India in terms of trading terminals (Source: Dun and Bradstreet);
• 5th largest sub-broker network in the country (Source: Dun and Bradstreet);
• 6th largest distributors of IPO (fund mobilization) in Retail. (Source: Prime Data Rankings);
• One of the first financial firms in India to expand operations in the lucrative gulf market, by acquiring valuable license for trading and clearing with Dubai gold and commodities exchange (DGCX);
• Amongst a elite group of brokers having proprietary desk for doing risk-free arbitrage in commodities;
• First trade on DGCX for silver and first currency trade for rupee- dollar;
• Awarded the Best Volume Driver by BSE for the second year in a row i.e. 2004-05 and 2005-06