MobileDataforce® the leading provider of rapid application development solutions for mobile environments (RADS-ME), today announced that it has won a Mobile Star Award™ from MobileVillage®, the 10-year leader in mobile technology market development and news services.
The Mobile Star Awards honor the best companies, products, deployments, and leaders in mobile and wireless technology. Winners are chosen by Go Mobile® subscribers, MobileVillage’s free online newsletter provided to technology executives, mobile users, buyers, IT managers, developers, and top tech journalists.
MobileDataforce received a "Silver Star" in the engineering category for the company’s PointSync® application. PointSync, a complete software solution for building and deploying advanced applications on mobile devices such as Pocket PC and Win CE.Net assists organizations with or without in-house programmers; allowing them to quickly and easily create customized mobile applications for field data collection, and database queries. Specifically, PointSync enables:
• Field data collection and database queries using mobile handheld computers, providing rapid deployment, data management, ease of use, and data synchronization (bi-directional) with back-end enterprise database systems;
• Wireless bi-directional data synchronization between the host and field users, with full encryption, security, and the capability to complete transfers that were terminated before completion;
• Mobile application and mobile forms development;
• Barcode scanning, look-ups and database queries;
• Field data capture;
• Full validation of items scanned in the field against a mobile database on the handheld, which itself is updated throughout the day from the central data repository;
• An auto-update feature that replaces outdated documents with new or revised work orders, inventory schedules, pricing tables, etc. to workers in the field;
• Synchronization of captured field data to any back-end or core system via ODBC connection, independent of ActiveSync; and,
• Creation of "smart" mobile systems, allowing various user groups different levels of access and control via the mobility tools on their handheld.
"MobileDataforce is pleased to be recognized for our efforts in developing an easy to use, practical application beneficial to both field workers and their office counterparts," says Kevin Benedict, company CEO. "Our customers have developed a wide range of mobile applications using PointSync and the results have proven to be a positive solution--assisting companies in the 'hard hat' industries by vastly improving their ability to collect and process data in the field."
MobileDataforce is a global leader in the development of high performance software solutions for use on mobile handheld computers. Privately held, MobileDataforce was founded in 2000 and its software solutions are sold worldwide through direct and Value Added Reseller (VAR) channels. MobileDataforce’s software solutions are primarily targeted for the 'hardhat' industries including engineering, utilities, facilities management, heavy construction, and inspection services.
A pioneer in developing the enterprise mobile technology market since 1993, MobileVillage® / PDA Inc. is a market and solution development company dedicated to advancing mobile and wireless enterprise computing within select vertical and horizontal market segments. The company has fostered countless technical and professional alliances through conferences; news; product promotions and awards; and "Best of Breed" solution identification.
2005 MobileDataforce. All rights reserved. PointSync is a registered trademark of MobileDataforce. MobileVillage® and the Mobile Star Awards™ are trademarks or registered trademarks of MobileVillage / PDA Inc.