Showcase.Pro this month highlights .pro websites owned by Medical Professionals. Doctors are using .pro for distinctive branding and search engine marketing, providing them a competitive edge over other medical professionals.
Doctors and technicians can choose from a medical-branded address, available only to licensed Doctors, such as epilepsy.med.pro, or from the generic .pro address, for search engine marketing to specific healthcare markets, such as smiles.pro.
The Medical-oriented .pro websites highlighted by Showcase.pro this week, include:
1. eneuro.med.pro (eneuro.med.pro) Emery Neuroscience Center of Fort Lauderdale, Florida . "eneuro.med.pro" is the new internet addresses for Emery Neuroscience Center of Fort Lauderdale, Florida. It was founded by Waden E Emery III and has some great background information on Neurology and Neuroscience.
2. smiles.pro (smiles.pro). Salvatore Livreri, D.M.D. "Smiles.pro" is the future .pro internet address for Salvatore Livreri, D.M.D. of Mount Pleasant, South Carolina. Their slogan is "Making the Lowcountry beautiful...one smile at a time!"
3. Allergy.pro (allergy.pro). Jeffrey M. Adelglass, M.D. "Allergy.pro" is the .pro internet address for the offices of Jeffrey M. Adelglass, M.D., F.A.C.S. Their services revolve around both medical issues and aesthetic improvement for the head and face. Jeffrey M. Adelglass, M.D. is Medical Director of the Allergy Testing and Treatment Center, which specializes in allergy treatment as well as problems associated with the ears, nose, throat and sinuses. Dr. Adelglass’s expertise also includes tonsils, snoring/sleep apnea surgery, ear tube surgery, and hearing evaluations.
4. epilepsy.med.pro (epilepsy.med.pro). Epilepsy Theory Development Project. "epilepsy.med.pro" is the internet address for the Epilepsy Theory Development Project. The website contains information about epilepsy syndromes and seizure classifications, as well as the psychiatric and behavioral aspects of epilepsy. Also discussed is the relationship between hormones and epilepsy, including reproductive function and catamenial epilepsy.
“A .pro address is perfect for branding a Professional Medical Services firm,” says Tom Barrett, President of EnCirca, sponsor of Showcase.pro. “Healthcare professionals can also use .pro to secure targeted search engine keywords for their internet marketing and search engine optimization (SEO) programs.
Targeted professionals include: architects, certified financial analysts, certified financial planners, dentists, educators, lawyers (law.pro), human resource experts, insurance agents, Medical doctors (med.pro), nurses, nutritionists, optometrists, pharmacists, physician assistants, professional engineers (eng.pro), physical therapists, podiatrists, psychologists, public relations professionals, realtors, veterinarians, accountants (cpa.pro).
Showcase.Pro is a website sponsored by EnCirca, focusing exclusively promoting websites using the .pro extension. There are two types of .pro domains:
1. Generic. These are second level domains, such as pain.pro, available to anyone on a first-come, first-served basis via EnCirca’s ProForwarding leasing service.
2. Profession-specific. These are third level domains, such as pathology.med.pro, available only to licensed professionals in the following forms:
• med.pro – for medical doctors
• eng.pro – for licensed engineers
• law.pro, bar.pro and jur.pro – for licensed lawyers
• cpa.pro and aca.pro – for licensed accountants
EnCirca is an ICANN-accredited Registrar founded in 2001 and is the leading Registrar for the .pro domain, operated by RegistryPro, an Internet registry exclusively for professionals who wish to brand and promote themselves on the Internet.
All company names, trademarks and service marks are the property of their respective owners.