For many companies involved in global and China sourcing, the creation of International Procurement Office (IPOs) in China is not only a necessity; it's an imperative to stay competitive. On June 20, 2007, the Global Supply Chain Council will organize its 3rd IPOs Conference to uncover some of the latest trends and practices in running successful sourcing operations in China.
The main theme for 2007 will be the integration of R&D and engineering and the development of Ethical Sourcing in low-cost country sourcing, in particular China. And like last year, this conference will focus on practical, real-world IPOs operations aspects including sourcing, legal, finance, HR, management and outsourcing aspects.
This conference will feature keynote addresses by recognized procurement executives, case study presentations from major corporations and panel discussions led by top experts:
- Gregg Forsberg, Director of Global Sourcing, BEST BUY
- Kai Hsiao, Director, Global Procurement Services, Asia, HEWLETT-PACKARD
- Herve Le Faou, IPO Director, CADBURY
- Nis-Peter Iwersen, Vice President, DANFOSS IPO CHINA
- Gregg Forsberg, Director of Global Sourcing APAC, BEST BUY
- Tom Fang, Procurement Capability Development Manager, BP Asia
- Rolando Saavedra, Director, Supply Chain Management, VOLVO CONSTRUCTION EQUIPMENT
- Matthew Li, Director, BORGWARNER CHINA SOURCING
- Bengti Tan, Tax Advisor, BAKER & MCKENZIE
- Simon Shaw, Sales & Marketing Director, CPS CHINA PACKAGING
- Wolfgang Hagn General Manager,GPS-NETWORK
- Mark Welles, Managing Director, TRADECARD
- Olivier Levy,Managing Director, DRAGON SOURCING
- Jeremy Waller, Consultant, THE CONSULTANCY COMPANY
- Eric Chu, Supply Chain Partner, ACCENTURE
- Toby Li, Manager of Global Sourcing Services, BUREAU VERITAS
This program is designed for any executives responsible for acquiring services in China. VP’s, Managing Directors, General Managers, Directors and Managers responsible for:
• Sourcing & Low Cost Country Sourcing (LCCS)
• Procurement & Purchasing
• Supply Chain Management
• Supplier Management.
The IPOs conference is an essential event for sourcing and procurement experts who want to create a feasible business case and launch or expand their procurement operations in China.