PRZOOM - /newswire/ -
London, United Kingdom, 2007/06/05 - The Future of Mobile Computing: Market will reach more than $88.9 billion by 2011, says new report available from ReportBuyer.com.
Report Buyer, the online destination for business intelligence for major industry sectors has now added a new market report titled ‘The Future of Mobile Computing’
Findings in the 177 page Report include:
• The global market for mobile computing was almost $55.6 billion in 2005 and $63.5 billion in 2006. At an average annual growth rate (AAGR) of 7.0%, this market will reach more than $88.9 billion by 2011.
• Smart phones have the highest growth rate through the forecast period. With a 15.7% AAGR through 2011, this market will reach almost $17.8 billion by 2011.
• The largest market share belongs to notebook computers. In 2006, notebook computers held 84. % of the total global market. By the end of 2011, this share will reach more than 96%, worth $69.2 billion.
Summary of the Report:
• Provides comprehensive market assessment of mobile computing and the sector's growth potential through 2011. Covers devices such as computers, notebooks, tablet PCs, handhelds, smart phones, and all other mobile devices. Analysis includes markets for chipsets and internal processors, operating systems, application software, wireless technologies and broadband connections.
• Examines the current position of mobile computing via five major platforms. Within each platform, an overview of the key advantages, an analysis of market factors that will impact demand and projected shipments of mobile computing products and their value for 2005, 2006 and 2011 are presented.
• Estimates the unit distribution of mobile computing activity by businesses and consumers, and analyzes units of each platform by application.
• Analyzes the mobile computing industry on a worldwide basis, including manufacturing capability and consumption in various regional markets. This study also analyzes industry involvement in standards and evaluates other pertinent factors related to the success of mobile computing.
• Profiles leading companies in the mobile computing business and recent industry developments, includes patent analysis, market shares and more.
Study Goals And Objectives
Mobile Computing Technology
Mobile Industry Competitiveness
Mobile Computing Markets
The Laptop/ Notebook Market
The Tablet Pc Market
The Handheld Mobile Market
The Smart phone Market
Consumer / Business Applications
List Of Figures
The Future of Mobile Computing is available in PDF format from Report Buyer.
Report Buyer product ID: BCC00088
About Report Buyer
Report Buyer is a UK-based independent online store supplying business information on major industry sectors. These include the Automotive Industry, Banking & Finance, Energy & Utilities, Food & Drink, Telecoms and Pharma & Healthcare. The website now carries over 24,000 business information products, including market reports, studies and books. Report Buyer is the intelligent way to buy market research making it an essential resource for executives and information buyers worldwide. Subscribers receive a free monthly newsletter and email alerts on new titles in their areas of interest.