Report Buyer, the online destination for business intelligence for major industry sectors has now added a new market report titled ‘The Clinical Trials Business’
Findings in the 202 page Report include:
• National spending on clinical trials was nearly $24 billion in 2005. By 2006 this number will rise to $25.6 billion and then $32.1 billion in 2011, an average annual growth rate (AAGR) of 4.6%. In 2005, biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies spent approximately $51 billion on research and development efforts, with $21 billion (41%) spent on clinical trials. In comparison, government contributions to clinical trials were considerably smaller. The National Institutes of Health spent $2.9 billion on clinical trials in 2005 and budgeted $3.0 billion for 2006.
• Total funding for 2005 was $24.4 billion. In 2006 this number will rise to $26 billion and in 2011 to $32.6 billion, an AAGR of 4.6%
• The number of clinical trials performed in 2005 was 8,386. BCC Research predicts this number will reach almost 10,000 by 2006. At an AAGR of 5.8%, the number of clinical trials performed in 2011 will reach more than 13,000.
Summary of the Report:
• An overview of clinical development phases, the regulatory issues involved and the factors influencing clinical trial costs
• An in-depth analysis of the U.S. market for clinical trials that reviews historical data, market trends, and forecasts through 2011
• Highlights for new and upcoming technologies and developments that could have an impact on the clinical trials business
• Profiles of the major players in the business.
Clinical Trials Overview
U.S. Patent Analysis
Clinical Trial Markets
U.S. Forecast Of Sponsored Clinical Trials Market, Through 2011
U.S. Market Forecast Of Clinical Trial Funding Sources, Through 2011 ($ Billions)
List Of Figures
U.S. Sponsored Clinical Trials Market, 2003-2011 ($ Billions)
The Clinical Trials Business is available in PDF format from Report Buyer.
Report Buyer product ID: BCC00086
About Report Buyer
Report Buyer is a UK-based independent online store supplying business information on major industry sectors. These include the Automotive Industry, Banking & Finance, Energy & Utilities, Food & Drink, Telecoms and Pharma & Healthcare. The website now carries over 24,000 business information products, including market reports, studies and books. Report Buyer is the intelligent way to buy market research making it an essential resource for executives and information buyers worldwide. Subscribers receive a free monthly newsletter and email alerts on new titles in their areas of interest.