PRZOOM - /newswire/ -
London, United Kingdom, 2007/05/31 - Natural Gas Storage Infrastructure by 2010, this market will reach nearly $31 billion, says new report available from ReportBuyer.com.
Report Buyer, the online destination for business intelligence for major industry sectors has now added a new market report titled ‘Natural Gas Storage Infrastructure’
Findings in the 486 page Report include:
• Global LNG and natural gas storage infrastructure spending was approximately $22.9 billion in 2005. By 2010, this market will reach nearly $31 billion, an average annual growth rate (AAGR) of 6.2%
• Merchant LNG storages will continue to spearhead growth over the forecast period. These small regasification storage plants are often called "peakshaving plants." Alternatively, the LNG may be transported in special tanker trucks to small facilities where it is stored and regasified as needed. Such facilities are called "satellite plants." The United States, for example, has about 100 LNG satellite and peakshaving plants throughout the country. There is also a growing support for natural gas vehicles (NGV), with their global usage being seen as one of the major pathways to the "hydrogen economy". Worldwide there are now over 3.8 million NGVs on the road
• The deregulation of underground storage has combined with other factors such as the growth in the number of gas-fired electricity generating plants to place a premium on high-deliverability storage facilities. This will maintain a healthy growth in working gas storage investments globally at an AAGR corresponding to 5.4% over the forecast period to 2010.
Summary of the Report:
• Assesses and quantifies the current global natural gas and LNG storage market and demand;
• Investigates and evaluates the future global use of storage as a means of primary energy production, through 2010;
• Offers a comprehensive overview and analysis of the global natural gas and LNG storage market;
• Discusses important current and potential environmental regulations that may effect the growth of this market;
• Provides a detailed patent analysis and profiles the top companies in the market.
Natural Gas Storage Infrastructure is available in PDF format from Report Buyer.
Report Buyer product ID: BCC00066
About Report Buyer
Report Buyer is a UK-based independent online store supplying business information on major industry sectors. These include the Automotive Industry, Banking & Finance, Energy & Utilities, Food & Drink, Telecoms and Pharma & Healthcare. The website now carries over 24,000 business information products, including market reports, studies and books. Report Buyer is the intelligent way to buy market research making it an essential resource for executives and information buyers worldwide. Subscribers receive a free monthly newsletter and email alerts on new titles in their areas of interest.