PRZOOM - /newswire/ -
London, United Kingdom, 2007/05/25 - Herbal Supplements, Prescription Drugs, Rx-to-OTC Products: A Comparison, says new report available from ReportBuyer.com.
Report Buyer, the online destination for business intelligence for major industry sectors has now added a new market report titled ‘Herbal Supplements, Prescription Drugs, Rx-to-OTC Products: A Comparison’
Findings in the 202 page Report include:
• In 2005, the herbal supplements market for products covered in this report was only 0.47% of the prescription market for drugs to treat these conditions. It is unlikely that the herbal supplements market will ever represent more than a very small percentage of the prescription drug market. For those categories where OTC products exist-treatments for nausea, heartburn and insomnia-OTC revenues represented 4.3%, 14.2% and 7.2% of prescription drug markets for these categories, respectively, in 2005.
• The global market for herbal supplements covered in this report was $5.5 billion in 2005 and $5.6 billion by the end of 2006. Growing at an average annual growth rate (AAGR) of 1.7%, this market sector will cross just over $6.1 billion by 2011.
• The global market for prescription drugs was worth more than $114 billion in 2005 and almost $120 billion in 2006. At an AAGR of 4.6%, this market will grow to reach almost $150 billion by 2011.
Summary of the Report:
• The major current and emerging markets for herbal supplements, prescription drugs and (where applicable) OTC treatments
• An overview section that provides a discussion of the emergence of the herbal supplements market, U.S. and overseas regulations and guidelines relating to this market, sources of raw materials and concerns about sustainability of herbal harvesting practices
• A global forecast for the herbal supplement and OTC market, with a five-year forecast date to 2011
• The latest company profiles for the top companies in the market
• A detailed patent analysis.
Herbal Supplements, Prescription Drugs, Rx-to-OTC Products: A Comparison is available in PDF format from Report Buyer. For more information please visit the Report Buyer website
Report Buyer product ID: BCC00041
About Report Buyer
Report Buyer is a UK-based independent online store supplying business information on major industry sectors. These include the Automotive Industry, Banking & Finance, Energy & Utilities, Food & Drink, Telecoms and Pharma & Healthcare. The website now carries over 24,000 business information products, including market reports, studies and books. Report Buyer is the intelligent way to buy market research making it an essential resource for executives and information buyers worldwide. Subscribers receive a free monthly newsletter and email alerts on new titles in their areas of interest.