Report Buyer, the online destination for business intelligence for major industry sectors has now added a new market report titled ‘Electronic Games and Gaming’
Findings in the 171 page Report include:
• The value of worldwide shipments of electronic gaming equipment reached $12.6 billion in 2005. Shipments are projected to grow in value at a 9.7% rate to reach $13.8 billion in 2006, and at an average annual rate of 9.8%, to reach $22.1 billion by 2011.
• The value of handheld consoles reached $4.2 billion in 2005 and is projected to grow at a 10.9% rate to reach $4.7 billion by 2006, and at an average annual rate of 9% to reach $7.2 billion by 2011.
• The value of games and software for computer platforms amounted to $3.4 billion in 2005 and is projected to grow at an 8.7% rate to reach $3.7 billion by 2006; it will then grow at an average annual rate of 15.25 to reach $7.5 billion by 2011.
• The mobile wireless market represents the fastest growing segment for games and software. Their value for this platform will grow at an average annual rate of 23.5% to reach $2.8 billion in 2011.
Summary of the Report:
• Information on high-tech game consoles that play electronic games from television, DVDs, and the Internet; handheld consoles that perform the same functions from a distance; personal computers that play a variety of games from their hard drives or downloaded from the Internet; the latest cell phones that can download games; and the age-old arcade machines that still play video games in public locations
• The value of the global electronic gaming industry, including manufacturing capability and consumption by various regional markets and a five-year forecast to 2011
• An Analysis of industry involvement, standards, and other pertinent factors related to the success of electronic gaming.
• Reviews of market drivers and the impact of new technologies.
Electronic Gaming Markets
The Game Console Market
The Handheld Game Console Market
The Computer Gaming Market
The Mobile Wireless Gaming Market
The Arcade Gaming Sector
List Of Figures
For Mobile Devices, 2005-2011 ($ Millions)
Electronic Games and Gaming is available in PDF format from Report Buyer. For more information please visit the Report Buyer website.
Report Buyer product ID: BCC00032
About Report Buyer
Report Buyer is a UK-based independent online store supplying business information on major industry sectors. These include the Automotive Industry, Banking & Finance, Energy & Utilities, Food & Drink, Telecoms and Pharma & Healthcare. The website now carries over 24,000 business information products, including market reports, studies and books. Report Buyer is the intelligent way to buy market research making it an essential resource for executives and information buyers worldwide. Subscribers receive a free monthly newsletter and email alerts on new titles in their areas of interest.