PRZOOM - /newswire/ -
York, Yorkshire, United Kingdom, 2007/05/23 - Capability Matrix, a new means of making training more cost efficient and productive, is being launched at London's HR Software Show (Olympia Conference Centre, 20-21 June 2007) by learning management specialist, MyKnowledgeMap (MKM).
MyKnowledgeMap (MKM)’s Capability Matrix is a customisable capability and skills management system that lets employees assess their skills and skills gaps, enabling employers to pinpoint support to people and departments in most need.
Its flexibility allows users to create, manage and deliver custom skills gap assessments to fit an organisation’s development strategy and culture.
Capability Matrix can create capability and training needs assessments based on nationally recognised competency maps (National Occupational Standards). It enables the production of customisable assessments and targets set by job-role or team.
The system can deliver assessments and produce individual capability reports as well as in-depth organisational reports identifying what capabilities are available and where they are concentrated, and where should training be targeted. It can also scope in team or job functions for detailed views of capabilities and training needs.
Available for customer corporate intranet use or as a secure hosted service on the web, Capability Matrix can be custom developed with competencies and capabilities specific to user organisation/industry needs.
Alternatively, it is available 'off-the-shelf' and pre-loaded with a range of skills sets including sales, ICT, marketing, communications and more.
Capability Matrix launches this June following successful 2006 trials with the NHS, British Council, West Lothian Council, and a consortium of UK retail bodies.
"Effective targeting is one of the core challenges of training within the organisation," says MKM managing director Rob Arntsen. "The Capability Matrix system enables the delivery of solutions specific to individual user need, self-empowers users, optimises budget."
Further details from +44 (0) 1904 659465.
About Capability Matrix
Capability Matrix is a customisable online capability and skills management system. Its flexibility allows users to create, manage and deliver custom skills gap assessments for their organisations. Core benefits include the means of:
• creating capability and training needs assessments based on nationally recognised competency maps (National Occupational Standards);
• creating customisable assessments and targets;
• establishing capability targets set by job-role or team;
• enabling delivery of assessments and producing individual capability reports;
• producing in-depth organisational reports identifying what capabilities are available and where they are concentrated;
• identifying where training should be targeted;
• scoping in on team or job functions for detailed views of capabilities and training needs.
Founded in 2000, MyKnowledgeMap (often known as MKM) is a dynamic company delivering web-based knowledge systems designed by individuals, for the individual. Operating in the corporate, public and education sectors, MKM's range of products and services includes:
• Academies: MKM is the UK's leading supplier of infrastructure systems for national skill academies, including those in the UK for food & drink manufacturing, sport & active leisure, care, and retail. MKM's e-academy infrastructure helps learners and people with a stake in a particular skill to progress from entry to degree level. Working with the UK's national Sector Skills Councils (MKM's clients include Skillsmart Retail, Improve and SkillsActive. MKM has pioneered online academies that can help people with everything from day-to-day productivity to discovering and achieving relevant qualifications. MKM also offers e-academies tailored to the needs of organisations in the private and local government sectors.
• Skills diagnostics: MKM's Skills Diagnostic suite allows clients to build their own system of skills diagnosis and training regimens. Its sophisticated software tools are designed to meet clients' specific needs, and to facilitate, not impose, the required solutions.
• Learning: MKM's e-learning solutions, including e-learning content, delivery systems and teaching aids, are used by a worldwide and growing range of organisations from Lloyds TSB to the RSPB; from manufacturing to retailing; from the police to local authorities; from the University of York to colleges in Delhi, Bahrain and Nairobi. MKM produces inventive and versatile applications that are can be shaped and contextualised by their users to meet the rapidly-changing needs of contemporary work and training, either for use within an e-Academy environment or as stand-alone products.
Further Information from:
Rob Arntsen / Tom Holland, MyKnowledgeMap +4 (0) 1904 659465
Peter Muir Bob Little Press & PR +44 (0) 1727 860405/ (0) 1296 715228