PRZOOM - /newswire/ -
London, United Kingdom, 2007/05/21 - Report Buyer, the online destination for business intelligence for major industry sectors has now added a new market report titled ‘Advanced Technologies for Municipal Water Treatment’.
Findings in the 208 page report include:
• The U.S. market for the advanced drinking water technologies: membrane filtration, ozone disinfection, UV irradiation and novel oxidation processes is estimated at about $1.3 billion in 2006, and is growing at a combined average annual growth rate (AAGR) of 10.7%. In 2011 the market will grow to more than $2.1 billion.
• In the 1990s, waterborne disease outbreaks in the U.S. and Canada alerted utilities to the inefficiency of standard treatment processes. Plant operators discovered that these shortfalls could be addressed, however, by implementing a physical barrier to the microbes with the low-pressure membrane methods micro filtration (MF) and ultra filtration (UF). Together, the five membrane treatments for municipal drinking water are valued at $1 billion in 2006, with a predicted combined growth rate of 10.3%.
• UV disinfection, a market valued at $29.2 million, should experience considerable growth in the forecast period. A 38.6% AAGR is predicted to 2011 at which time the market should be worth more than $149 million.
Summary of the report:
• This report contains: A thorough examination of the market for four categories of advanced municipal water treatment: membrane filtration, ultraviolet irradiation, ozone disinfection and some novel advanced oxidation processes
• Five-year projections are provided for United States market activity and value through 2011
• A detailed overview that describes the industry, including definitions and past trends
• A technology overview that includes a detailed patent analysis
• Profiles of the major companies in the industry.
List Of Figures
Advanced Technologies for Municipal Water Treatment is available in PDF format from Report Buyer. For more information please visit the Report Buyer website.
Report Buyer product ID: BCC00011
About Report Buyer
Report Buyer is a UK-based independent online store supplying business information on major industry sectors. These include the Automotive Industry, Banking & Finance, Energy & Utilities, Food & Drink, Telecoms and Pharma & Healthcare. The website now carries over 24,000 business information products, including market reports, studies and books. Report Buyer is the intelligent way to buy market research making it an essential resource for executives and information buyers worldwide. Subscribers receive a free monthly newsletter and email alerts on new titles in their areas of interest.