PRZOOM - /newswire/ -
Topeka, KS, United States, 2007/05/16 - Upgrade of award-winning Notes organizing software for Windows Mobile-based Pocket PCs and smartphones features support for Windows Mobile 6.0 and Windows Vista - PhatWare.com
PhatWare Corporation, a leading provider of software products and professional services for mobile and desktop computers, announces today the beta availability of PhatNotes 5.0, the next generation of the company's award-winning notes organizer software for Microsoft Windows based desktop computers, Smartphones and Pocket PCs. PhatNotes 5.0 Beta 1 is available immediately to consumers for Beta testing, and PhatWare welcomes user participation and feedback.
PhatNotes, a winner of Pocket PC and Smartphone magazine’s Best Software Awards in the notes category for six consecutive years, is one of the most popular Pocket PC and Smartphone notetaking applications on the market. PhatNotes allows users to create notes and organize them by type, subject, creation, and modification date. The software provides powerful text search with regular expression support, document security and email capabilities.
Unlike previous versions of PhatNotes, the new version will not include multiple editions of the software. Instead, there will be only one edition of PhatNotes that supports both Pocket PC and Smartphone devices and includes the desktop software and the synchronization module for ActiveSync.
New Major Features in version 5:
1. Microsoft Windows Vista support
2. Microsoft Windows Mobile 6.0 support
3. New database manager now supports multiple groups (folders), drag and drop
4. Context analyzer allows dialing phone numbers, opening URLs, and sending emails by clicking on a word that represents a phone number, a URL, or an email address
5. Full Unicode support
6. New 256-bit strong encryption algorithm
7. New synchronization module supports Windows Vista and ActiveSync 4.5
8. Improved user interface
9. New MSI-based installer
1. Seven UI themes
2. New database engine
3. New text formatting features
4. New UI for PhatNotes Alarms desktop utility
5. Programmable "magic button"
6. New multilingual spell checker (can use share dictionaries between desktop, Smartphone, and Pocket PC).
7. New Favorites window allows quick access to favorite notes
8. New Shortcut window allows users to launch favorite application and open URLs/Files directly from PhatNotes
9. New Alarms window allows quick access to pending reminders
1. PhatSpell - Multilingual spell checker (US English dictionary is included, dictionaries for other supported languages can be downloaded online)
2. Support for rich text formatting (WM5 or later)
Pocket PC specific:
1. Added new buttons and 2nd toolbar for the Note Editor dialog
2. Added new text formatting features (WM5 or later)
3. The Options dialog box is now accessible for Note Editor
"We are pleased to unveil PhatNotes 5.0 for Beta testing as user feedback is a key component to the developments we make," said PhatWare President Stan Miasnikov. "PhatNotes 5.0 with support for new Windows Mobile 6.0 and Windows Vista will keep PhatWare on the cutting edge, supporting Microsoft technology, and we look forward to the testers' response."
PhatNotes 5.0 supports devices running on Windows Mobile 2003 or later software. To participate in the PhatNotes 5.0 Beta Program, visit our Website. The final release of PhatNotes 5.0 is expected in Q3 2007.
About PhatWare Corporation
Founded in October 1997, PhatWare Corporation (phatware.com) is a leading provider of easy to use powerful software products and professional services for the mobile and desktop computing marketplace. PhatWare specializes in handwriting recognition, digital ink, note taking, and database and network management software development. The company exclusively manages development, support and distribution of ParaGraph CalliGrapher and PenOffice handwriting recognition products. PhatWare Corporation is a Microsoft Gold Certified Partner, Microsoft Windows Embedded Partner and Microsoft Tablet PC Premier Partner.
* Product and company names herein may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.