PRZOOM - /newswire/ -
Kiev, Ukraine, 2007/04/18 - The Forum objectives are boosting software development and outsourcing services market, discussion of global trends in IT markets, and addressing current issues in the outsourcing area.
Outsourcing services gain more and more popularity on the markets of developed countries. Only recently outsourcing has caused apprehension and offshore outsourcing services were utilized by either large companies or professionals in the area. Now this is a common business practice. In 2007 IDC research company is anticipating rapid growth of small and medium business influence on expansion of existing IT market segments and creation of new ones. Overall changes occurring on the global IT market require corrections in business-models of outsourcing services provision.
The Forum objectives are boosting software development and outsourcing services market, discussion of global trends in IT markets, and addressing current issues in the outsourcing area.
In 2006, more than 200 professionals from all over the world participated in the Forum. Ukrainian Outsourcing Forum `2006 welcomed representatives of Sony, PricewaterhouseCoopers, GE Healthcare, ACD Systems International Inc, JSC "Vimpelcom", Infopulse Ukraine, KM Soft/Kvazar-Micro Corp., Validio Software, Lohika, EPAM Systems, Luxsoft, Murano Software, StarSoft and other widely known companies. Overall 148 organizations from the USA, England, Germany, Denmark, Israel, the Netherlands, Norway, India, Switzerland, Ukraine, Belarus, Russia and other countries participated in the Forum.
UOF ‘2007 Goals and Objectives
• Presentation of IT outsourcing services potential of Ukraine and other Central & Eastern European countries;
• Attraction of new customers for outsourcing services;
• Organization of B2B meetings between the Forum participants;
• Discussion of issues in development of IT industry and outsourcing;
• Presentation of «Ukrainian IT Outsourcing Research 2007.
UOF ‘2007 Subjects
• Cultural specifics of marketing on different markets;
• Peculiarities in collaboration with SMB (small and medium-sized businesses);
• How to turn cultural and geographical proximity to the Europe into an advantage?
Ukrainian regional Software Development centers:
• Regional Software Development centers presentation;
• Software Development business in Ukraine;
• Development potential of the regions.
Embedded/Firmware programming and Hardware Design:
• Potential of Embedded/Firmware programming segment;
• Hardware Design – new rapidly growing segment of IT outsourcing;
• Embedded/Firmware programming and Hardware Design - outsourcing projects specifics.
IT professionals market. Search. Training. Education:
• Current status and trends of the IT labor market;
• Personnel training: educational programes, IT training centers;
• Regional specifics.
Software quality. QA and testing. Independent testing:
• Implementation of CMM standards for quality assurance;
• CMM – alternative approaches to quality assurance;
• Software Development methodology, instruments, and technology;
• Independent testing as a service.
BPO in Ukraine:
• Call-centers – BPO segment leader;
• Job for Europe – data input and bills processing;
• Other types of outsourcing.
The Forum Format
The conference will be structured by sections with dedicated subjects:
• Global marketing;
• Ukrainian regional Software Development centers;
• Embedded/Firmware programming and Hardware Design;
• IT professionals market. Search. Training. Education;
• The best outsourcing solutions;
• Software quality. QA and testing. Independent testing;
The Forum will offer an exhibition of the leading Eastern European IT outsourcing companies.
Ukrainian IT Matchmaking Event '2007 (B2B meetings)
Within the Forum there will be held the «Ukrainian IT Matchmaking Event '2007» where participants will have an opportunity to meet future partners, hold business meetings and present their companies. On-line scheduling system allows studying the Forum participants’ profiles in advance and organize meetings preliminarily.
During the Forum well-known experts will lead the following round-table discussions:
• “UKRAINE, THE IT-FIRST NATION” programme development”. The subject of this round-table discussion is a programme of Ukrainian Software Development industry expansion.
• “Ecosystem of Software Development industry.” This round-table discussion will deal with the issues of training the Software industry personnel.
Within the Forum the participants are invited for a sightseeing tour of Kiev including visits of the most famous city sights.
Among the Forum participants there will be noted experts in outsourcing, representatives of the leading companies from the Eastern Europe, the European Union and the USA and which are interested in developing their business in the Eastern European countries, as well as representatives of the national IT Associations and local state authorities.