Net Sphaera launches Wireless Dev Studio, an ActiveX control that allows you to handle GSM, GPRS, HSCSD and UMTS modems. Integrable into any application written in whichever language that supports COM technology, Wireless Dev Studio was especially designed to provide developers with a tool capable of sending and receiving SMS messages and of transferring data over the mobile network.
Developers can integrate the following features in their applications:
- Reception and forwarding of text messages.
- Reception and forwarding of Flash messages.
- Multiple forwarding of SMS (the same message is forwarded to N addressees at the same time).
- Reception and forwarding of binary messages (logos, melodies, EMS, WAP indications...).
- Status report (delivery report) handling.
- Voice call handling (both incoming and outgoing).
- GSM data calls.
- Handling of phonebooks of both SIM and modem.
- Call diverting.
Wireless Dev Studio supports the main terminals of the most important producer companies (Siemens, SonyEricsson, Wavecom, Falcom, Telit...) and all terminals compliant with ETSI and 3GPP standards. It supports serial connections, IrCOMM, IrDA, USB and Bluetooth and is able to communicate with the terminals both in "PDU mode" and in "Text Mode".
Wireless Dev Studio can be used in remote monitoring, remote control, vehicle tracking and automation. Moreover it can be used to develop Push and Pull SMS services.