PRZOOM - /newswire/ -
Clifton, NJ, United States, 2017/08/11 - Comodo announced that it is launching a new cybersecurity research service for university, governmental, and non-profit educators and researchers - Comodo.com.
Comodo, a global innovator and developer of cybersecurity solutions and the worldwide leader in digital certificates, today announced that it is launching a new cybersecurity research service for university, governmental, and non-profit educators and researchers. The new service, called Comodemia, will empower them with access to the Comodo Threat Intelligence Laboratory’s cybersecurity data repository, one of the largest in the world driven by threat data coming from millions of endpoints in more than 220 countries worldwide.
In Q1 2017, the lab detected and catalogued more than 25 million malware incidents. As Comodo expanded its research program, that total grew to 97 million incidents in Q2 2017.
Now, academic and government researchers will be able to mine and model the same data and use the same analytics engine that Comodo uses to develop and evolve its own market-leading cybersecurity solutions, and that the Comodo Threat Intelligence Laboratory uses to produce its quarterly threat research.
Comodemia, an industry-first, will enable researchers to rapidly drive to insight on identifying and quantifying challenging industry problems, and creating innovative technical solutions for them.
Typically, researchers spend valuable time setting up technology environments and integrating governmental data sets, which may be years old. With Comodemia, academicians and researchers will be able to:
• Access real-time, continuously updated sample data sets, such as malware files, domains, and links; phishing emails and links; spam emails; and potentially unwanted application (PUA) file sample sets and domains.
• Gain full and immediate access to the Comodo Valkyrie platform, a malware analysis engine, which performs static and dynamic analysis on data and enables machine learning.
• Develop their own algorithm to detect malware and test it with the Comodo infrastructure.
• Use Comodo’s web filtering engine, which categorizes domains and web pages, or create a classification engine of their own.
• Schedule time with Comodo experts to discuss their proposed solutions to industry problems.
The Comodo (comodo.com) organization is a global innovator of cybersecurity solutions, protecting critical information across the digital landscape. Building on its unique position as the world's largest certificate authority, Comodo authenticates, validates and secures networks and infrastructures from individuals to mid-sized companies to the world's largest enterprises. Comodo provides complete end-to-end security solutions across the boundary, internal network and endpoint with innovative technologies solving the most advanced malware threats, both known and unknown. With global headquarters in Clifton, New Jersey, and offices in Silicon Valley, Comodo has international offices in China, India, the Philippines, Romania, Turkey, Ukraine and the United Kingdom.
Comodo and the Comodo brand are trademarks of the Comodo Group Inc. or its affiliates in the U.S. and other countries. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.