PRZOOM - /newswire/ -
Los Angeles, CA, United States, 2007/04/11 - The Los Angeles County Economic Development Corporation, LAEDC’s new collection of 15 key economic indicators gives timely insight into the key sectors that drive one of the world’s largest economies.
The Los Angeles County Economic Development Corporation (LAEDC) introduced today a new collection of economic indicators which measure the performance of the world’s 17th largest economy. The “Los Angeles County Business Scan” is composed of 15 economic indicators which will be updated when new data becomes available. It provides businesses and policy makers a one-stop collection of key county economic indicators with a short analysis as well as a chart of recent trends.
“We’re pleased to make this value-added service available to the global business community,” said Bill Allen, LAEDC president and CEO. “The Business Scan will provide the most current information on the County of Los Angeles, one of the largest and most diverse economies in the world.”
The Los Angeles County Business Scan is comprised of the following economic indicators:
- Unemployment rate (monthly)
- Construction employment (monthly)
- Technology employment (monthly)
- Professional, scientific, and technical services employment (monthly)
- Finance and insurance employment (monthly)
- Health services employment (monthly)
- Fashion industry/apparel production and apparel wholesale employment (monthly)
- Ocean container traffic (monthly
- Airport passenger traffic (monthly)
- Single family construction permits (monthly)
- Multifamily construction permits (monthly)
- Median home value (monthly)
- Revenue per available hotel room (monthly)
- Industrial vacancy rate (quarterly)
- Film production days (quarterly)
The Business Scan can be accessed 24/7, which is important given LA County’s position as a major international business center, at the website address listed below.
For the latest updates, visit LAEDC’s Online weekly Economic Data Global Express (e-EDGE), a weekly digest of important economic news for the greater Los Angeles area.
For more information on the Los Angeles County Business Scan, contact Eduardo Martinez, Economist, at (213) 236-4843.
About the LAEDC
The LAEDC, the region’s premier business leadership organization, is a private, non-profit organization established in 1981 under section 501(C) (3). Our mission is to attract, retain, and grow business and jobs in Los Angeles County. Since 1996, the LAEDC has helped retain or create more than 132,300 jobs, providing $5.5 billion in direct economic impact from salaries and $94 million in annual tax revenue benefit to Los Angeles County. For more information, please visit LAEDC or call (888) 4-LAEDC-1.