It is a Layer 3 full Gigabit Managed Switch with 24 100/1000Base-TX ports, 8 100/1000 RJ-45/SFP combo ports, and 4 Gigabit SFP ports. Besides in compliance with IEC61850-3 and IEEE1613 approvals, it carries over 10 invention patents such as Korenix MSR and Trunking Technology. With the special design of Aluminum Fin case without cooling holes, it is considered a best fit for deployment in substations.
High Bandwidth and Performance
The JetNet 6828Gf features wire speed switching capability where the full Gigabit traffic can be transmitted without packet loss and collision. The 8 combo ports allow users to trunk up to 8G uplink bandwidth and allow up to 12 fiber capability. With full Gigabit capability, the product can perform as a core switch in the substations ensuring high bandwidth data transmission.
Layer 3 Functions for Network Routing
The JetNet 6828Gf supports Virtual Router Redundancy Protocol (VRRP) and Open Shortest Path First (OSPF). VRRP provides automatic assignment; when a master router fails to connect, the backup router automatically being switched as new master router. OSPF is often used in large network such as substations; it can calculate the shortest route for data transmission, and make the process more efficient.
Advanced Cyber Redundancy for Non-stop Transmission
The JetNet 6828Gf supports Korenix Advanced Cyber Redundancy functions including MSR, SuperChain, ITU-T G.8032 ERPS, can assure smooth and seamless transmission in the substations. MSR features on 5ms recovery time when a link failed as well as 0ms restoration time, eliminates unstable status while maintains high stability.
Advanced Cyber Security for Data Protection
The JetNet 6828Gf supports Korenix Advanced Cyber Security functions such as DHCP Snooping, IP Source Guard, Dynamic ARP Inspection, Denial of Service (DoS) Protection, L2/L3/L4 Access Control List (ACL), can fully protect the data by avoiding unidentified IP access to the users’ devices; therefore, ensure secured data transmission in the substations.
Korenix JetNet 6828Gf Features:
• 24 100/1000Base-TX, 8 100/1000 RJ-45/SFP combo ports, 4 Gigabit SFP ports;
• Advanced Cyber Security- DHCP Snooping, IP Source Guard, Dynamic ARP Inspection, Denial of Service (DoS) protection, L2/L3/L4 Access Control List (ACL);
• Advanced Cyber Redundancy- MSR, SuperChain, ITU-T G.8032 ERPS;
• USB Firmware upgrade and configuration backup and restore;
• IEEE 1588v2 PTP with HW time stamping;
• EEE Energy saving;
• Friendly Device and Auto Network Topology utility;
• Isolated redundant power inputs with universal 24/48VDC power or 110/220 VAC power;
• Compliance with EN50121-4, IEEE1613, and IEC61850-3;
• - 40 to 85°C operating temperature, fanless.
Korenix Technology (korenix.com), a Beijer Electronics Group Company, is devoted to designing and manufacturing high quality Industrial Ethernet and Wireless Products to ensure high quality and reliability of industrial networks.