Trainer1 provides a number of services to Westinghouse Rail to give its staff guidance and support on the most effective and efficient uses of e-learning including Context Sensitive Learning, Trainer1’s own delivery system for informal learning.
According to Neil Lasher of Trainer1: “CourseMill 4.1 represents a major step forward in learning management. The product runs in Java on the server side but without the need for a client side applet.
“This version of CourseMill offers advantages over its predecessors in that there are better cataloguing and ‘search for courses’ facilities. Moreover, courses now run in ‘sessions’; it has user calendars, allowing you to see what programs learners have been using; it includes a ‘classroom booking system’; copes with multiple instructors on one course, and the product handles SCORM, AICC and non-compliant courses.
“It also allows courses to run in ‘SCORM disconnected’ mode,” Lasher added. “This allows users to sign up for a course, download it, work on the course off-line and, when they next connect to the internet, their scores are automatically uploaded to the learning management system.
“Among the benefits of using CourseMill 4.1 is that its front end – which the user sees – is fully editable via Lectora, allowing complete customisation and ‘branding’ of the interface.
“The commitment from Westinghouse to their staff for both formal and informal e-learning has been a priority for many years. We are delighted to be continuing this relationship for a further period,” said Lasher.
”Impressively, CourseMill can be installed and operating within a single business day on a standard Microsoft-based server environment.”
About CourseMill 4.1
CourseMill Learning Management System allows the delivery, management, and tracking of online learning across your organisation. CourseMill is up and running in a day and delivers immediate results. CourseMill Learning Management System 4.1 offers such features as:
• Automated student enrolment
• Single click course upload
• Quick installation
• Customisable interface
• Blended learning support
• Smart bookmarking
• Custom reporting
• Status, scores, interactions, and gradebook reporting
• Instant importing
• Helpful administration tools
• Instant messaging
• Live chat
• Internal email
• Minimal system requirements
• Centralised environment
• Convenient search and sortable lists
• Simple document posting and sharing
• Bulk enrolment
• Extensive database compliance
About Westinghouse Rail
Westinghouse Rail Systems is a principal member of the extensive, worldwide Invensys Rail Systems group of companies, which itself is part of Invensys plc, a global leader in automation and control, employing 35,000 people. With over 140 years experience, Westinghouse is firmly at the cutting edge of railway technology.
Westinghouse is based in the UK, with offices at Chippenham, Birmingham, Croydon, Glasgow, Swanley and York.
It provides complete solutions and individual products, from fully integrated control centres for high density urban transit systems, to components such as point drive systems and relays.
Trainer1 is one of the UK’s leading independent e-learning specialists, creating sophisticated courseware for learning. It works in a number of areas including:
• Creating custom-built e-learning solutions
• Supplying e-learning training and consultancy to make clients self-sufficient in servicing their e-learning needs – especially in terms of embedded and workflow learning
• Operating as a ‘tools warehouse’ for tools used by Trainer1’s clients
Trainer1 has lengthy experience in computer delivered learning. In particular, Trainer1 develops, supplies and supports:
• Authoring tools - for the creation of content, meeting all common standards.
• Learning and Knowledge Management tools - for the management and distribution of content, including accreditation and reporting of data within existing databases.
• Delivery systems for workflow learning - CSL™.
• Tools and libraries to create multimedia content, including image editors, easy to use Flash production tools, libraries of sound, graphics and animation.
• Specialised training events to assist trainers and instructional designers to become self sufficient in e-learning design and production.
• Development services in the creation and maintenance of learning content.
Trainer1’s client list includes international major corporations such as ABN AMRO, Kraft Foods, Deutsche Post (DHL) and Mitsubishi Corporation, along with clients including DCLG (formerly the Office of the Deputy Prime Minister) in the UK, the Department for International Development, and the UK’s Royal Hospital for Neuro-Disability, along with many municipal authorities.
Trainer1 is privately owned and remains a small, friendly company providing high quality product combined with personal service to Blue Chip Companies, as well as small and medium sized enterprises. Trainer1 is a member of many e-learning organisations, and Neil Lasher, of Trainer1 is a committee member of the eLN and President (from 2006) of the Global Network of ASTD UK. He also works with standards bodies to ensure technology is meeting the needs of users worldwide, as well as the guidelines determined by the governing groups in the e-learning industry.
Further information from:
Neil Lasher, Trainer1, +44 (0) 20 7624 4844