• ALi Corporation integrates Conax ‘ robust cardless security client into HEVC series system on chip (SoC) family, expanding operator STB offering;
• Aimed at emerging markets India, LatAm, APAC and Africa, the ALi HEVC family includes SoCs for Satellite, Cable and IPTV decoders;
• Chipset offering implements leading security technologies including hardware root-of-trust and Trusted Execution Environment (TEE); enables multi-layer security architecture and cost efficient platform.
ALi Corporation, a leading Set-Top Box (STB) chipset provider, today announced that it has further extended its partnership with security partner Conax, a leader in total content and service protection for digital entertainment services. As the first chipset provider receiving Conax CP 6.0 certification for cardless, ALi has integrated its HEVC series system on chip (SoC) with the Conax robust cardless security client, enabling a new generation of comprehensive and secure cardless set-top-boxes. The unique capabilities of Conax Cardless technology is now embedded deeply into the leading ALi HEVC series SoCs, utilizing advanced security features such as Trusted Execution Environment (TEE) and hardware root-of-trust to enable a multi-layered security architecture, providing a highly secure and cost efficient platform for cardless STBs for Conax customers.
The HEVC series of chipsets is a highly complementary addition to ALi’s portfolio of over 61 Conax security-evaluated chipsets, providing an attractive bouquet of secure clients to meet growing operator and platform requirements. The primary aim of the HEVC series is to serve the emerging markets such as India, LATAM, APAC and Africa, where bandwidth efficiency is a key operational factor.
Conax Cardless is fully integrated with the Conax Contego security back-end, providing pay-TV operators key benefits in terms of an advanced, unified security hub where operators can seamlessly utilize a mix of Smart Cards and Cardless clients to meet their specific platform needs. This enables easy differentiation between security demands for various types of content and consumption patterns, based on varying content owner requirements and business models. This is a key benefit compared to other security solutions which may require deployment of separate back-ends, incurring extensive additional cost.
- “Close cooperation with best of breed technology partners fosters the flexible and future proof solutions needed by operators for enabling tomorrow’s end-viewer content consumption. This newest integration with market-leading technology from security partner Conax further builds on our long-standing relationship aimed at providing a value-added portfolio of flexible, cost-efficient solutions for pay-TV operators operating in diversified markets around the globe,” said Daniel Huang, CEO, ALi Corporation.
- “For a highly robust integrated approach to STB security, the ALi - Conax Cardless chipset integration combines secure software with the ability to execute within dedicated security hardware,” says Morten Solbakken, President and CEO, Conax. “To enable highly efficient and rapid STB integration, ALi offers a comprehensive reference design where Conax’ Cardless content protection core is pre-embedded - reducing costs for operators. Through the new chipset family, we are enabling both additional choices for operators deploying cardless STBS and the possibility to explore new ways of growing market share.”
About ALi Corporation
ALi Corporation (alitech.com) is a leading innovator and developer in the set-top box (STB) system-on-chip (SoC) market. By fully leveraging its core expertise in the set-top box industry, ALi Corp.’s solutions are recognized for their high levels of integration, superior performance reliability, premier customer oriented service and compelling cost structure. Hundreds of Pay TV operators have adopted ALi Corp.’s solutions worldwide. ALi Corp. was founded in 1987 with headquarters in Taipei, Taiwan, R&D centers as well as sales offices in Hsinchu, Shanghai, Shenzhen, Zhuhai, Geneva, Seoul, and Noida, and technical support teams throughout Asia.
A part of the Kudelski Group, Conax (conax.com) is a leading global specialist in total service protection for digital TV and entertainment services via broadcast, broadband and connected devices. The Conax Contego™ unified security hub provides telcos, cable, satellite, IP, mobile, terrestrial and broadband operations with an innovative portfolio of flexible and cost-efficient solutions to deliver premium content securely. Conax’ future-ready technology offers modular, fast-time-to-market solutions that enable easy entry into a world of secure multiscreen, multi-DRM content delivery and secures rights for premium content delivery to a range of devices over new hybrid network combinations. Headquartered in Oslo, Norway, ISO 9001 & 27001 certified Conax technology enables secure content revenues for 400 operators in 85 countries globally.
The statements contained herein may include statements of future expectations and other forward-looking statements that are based on our current views and assumptions and involve known and unknown risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results, performance or events to differ materially from those expressed or implied in such statements. The company assumes no obligation to update any information contained herein.
ALi Corp. media contact: Jenny Lin
P: +886 2-8752-2000 - E: jenny.lin[.]alitech.com.