• Enterprise Imaging consolidates imaging data from multiple service lines and provides secure access to a patient’s medical images, in one view, accessible “anywhere, anytime”.
• The new agreement includes Enterprise Imaging for Radiology, Enterprise Imaging for Cardiology, Enterprise Imaging Vendor-Neutral Archive, XERO image viewer with Image Exchange and Business Intelligence.
• UMass Memorial joins a growing list of academic medical centers that recently chose Agfa HealthCare’s Enterprise Imaging platform for its comprehensive imaging informatics capabilities.
Today, Agfa HealthCare announces that UMass Memorial Health Care (UMass Memorial) (umassmemorialhealthcare.org) will implement a comprehensive suite of software solutions on their Enterprise Imaging platform. With Enterprise Imaging, health systems can consolidate hardware, storage and software, and enable clinicians to access, use and collaborate on all imaging data that they need, no matter where they are practicing.
UMass Memorial Health Care is the largest provider of health care in Central Massachusetts. The system consists of four hospitals and a physician practice of more than 1,700 physicians. It has chosen to implement the entire suite of Agfa HealthCare’s Enterprise Imaging solutions throughout its system.
With Agfa HealthCare’s leading-edge Enterprise Imaging platform, UMass Memorial will be empowered with the latest healthcare interoperability standards on a completely virtual infrastructure, providing integration flexibility and neutrality in the rapidly changing healthcare IT landscape.
The health care system was searching for a complete solution to address a number of their medical imaging needs. After a team of clinicians and IT professionals, along with the assistance of an industry consultant, carefully researched the market, they chose Agfa HealthCare’s Enterprise Imaging platform to address all of their identified needs through a single-vendor solution.
The Agfa HealthCare Enterprise Imaging platform (agfahealthcare.com) creates a comprehensive imaging ecosystem that enables UMass Memorial’s images to be available to all involved caregivers across the care continuum. Despite being an enterprise application set, the platform’s components can be adopted modularly, targeted at specific clinical use cases and at the hospital’s own pace.
UMass Memorial’s Enterprise Imaging deployments consists of:
• Enterprise Imaging for Cardiology - improves clinical productivity and reduces application overload by using a single user interface supporting all cardiology clinical workflows.
• Enterprise Imaging for Radiology - a single, converged platform that brings together an image management system, embedded reporting with leading-edge voice recognition, advanced image processing and clinical tools, all in one platform.
• Enterprise Imaging Vendor-Neutral Archive (VNA) - consolidates all imaging data from multiple systems, departments, facilities and vendors into a central clinical data foundation.
• Enterprise Imaging Exchange - allows fast, secure, reliable transfer of patient studies, without CDs or DVDs.
• Web-based XERO® universal image viewer - provides secure access to DICOM and non-DICOM imaging data from different departments and multiple sources, in one view, to anyone inside and outside of the hospital who needs it.
• Enterprise Imaging Business Intelligence - provides standard and customizable reports, for easy retrieval of all the information in the unified Enterprise Imaging platform, which supports more informed decision-making.
"UMass Memorial went to market for an integrated imaging and informatics system and acknowledged their option to select multiple vendors and solutions. Over the course of the evaluation the benefits our single software platform became crystal clear.” says Frank Pecaitis, Senior Vice President, North America Sales at Agfa HealthCare. "Integrated solutions enable integrated care. We are delighted that, after such an extensive evaluation UMass selected us and while doing so recognized the broader value of a single software platform solution. It’s no coincidence that the leading academic medical centers in the nation are seeing the same value."
"Our team at UMass Memorial believes Agfa HealthCare’s Enterprise Imaging solution is a good fit with the current needs and future vision for our health care system," comments Max Rosen, MD MPH, Chairman of Radiology, UMass Memorial Medical Center. “We needed to address the evolving imaging informatics needs of our health care system. After an extensive evaluation of clinical and technical capabilities, we chose Agfa HealthCare’s Enterprise Imaging solution. We were specifically pleased with their contemporary technology platform as well as their workflow, and clinical / educational collaboration tools. It’s a good fit for our caregivers and most importantly our patients.”
Installation of Agfa’s Enterprise Imaging solution at UMass Memorial will begin in the Fall of 2016 and is planned to be fully operational by the end of 2017.