PRZOOM - /newswire/ -
Rueil-Malmaison, Hauts-de-Seine, France, 2016/06/24 - VINCI Energies, via Axians, in a joint venture with Sogetrel has won a €124 million contract to design and build a very high speed network for Moselle Fibre - VINCI.com. CAC 40; Euronext 100
- A €124 million design-build contract;
- 4 years of works to bring very high speed broadband connections to two-thirds of Moselle’s municipalities, through almost 6,000 km of optical fibre, connecting at least 140,000 homes.
VINCI Energies, via Axians, the leading partner and Sogea Est (a VINCI Construction France subsidiary), in a joint venture with Sogetrel has won a €124 million contract to design and build a very high speed network for Moselle Fibre, a joint association encompassing the Moselle department council and 19 municipality clusters (almost 500 municipalities, home to 300,000 people). By 2021, this very high speed optical fibre network will complement the private-sector infrastructure (they will cover the entire department between them) and enable subscribers to connect to an FTTH (fibre to the home) electronic communications network.
Work will begin in September 2016 and last four years. It will bring very high speed connections to two-thirds of Moselle’s municipalities and involve laying almost 6,000 kilometres of optical fibre.
VINCI is thereby supporting the Moselle department’s digital development. The consortium is also planning to employ an average of 200 people for the duration of the project.
Very high speed networks play a vital role fostering local development and usher in a wide variety of amenities:
• Home care: as populations grow older, very high speed networks are providing essential vehicles to mainstream home-automation solutions using connected objects (remote surveillance, room temperature regulation, chronic disease management, etc.);
• Telemedicine, by fostering innovative public services (computer-assisted surgery, remote medical supervision and consultation, etc.);
• Education and training, with digital schoolbags, online content, MOOCs, e-learning;
• Culture and leisure, by connecting people to cultural attractions (virtual visits) and entertainment.
Very high speed networks also narrow the digital divide between urban and rural areas, and equip communities to tap into the benefits that connected cities enjoy (communicating street furniture, video protection, online formalities, innovative e-services, etc.).
Sogea Est is one of the leading players in eastern France’s underground utilities sector in general, and in the water management and treatment segments in particular. It has also built a solid reputation for its expertise in digital network deployment, with the Moselle network since 2004.
In a world undergoing constant change, VINCI Energies focuses on fast-tracking the rollout of new technologies to support two major changes: the digital transformation and the energy transition. With its brand Axians an expert in information and communication technologies driving digital transformation in businesses and other organisations VINCI Energies works side by side with communities, bringing them the FTTH capabilities they need to take their digital development to the next level. Its teams have connected over 2 million outlets to date.
VINCI (vinci.com) is a global player in concessions and construction, employing more than 185,000 people in some 100 countries. We design, finance, build and operate infrastructure and facilities that help improve daily life and mobility for all. Because we believe in all-round performance, above and beyond economic and financial results, we are committed to operating in an environmentally and socially responsible manner. And because our projects are in the public interest, we consider that reaching out to all our stakeholders and engaging in dialogue with them is essential in the conduct of our business activities.