Today’s organizations are tasked to protect a growing number of attack vectors. A rising number of exploits seek to simply overwhelm servers with requests and deceptively use encryption to target networks and applications in ways that traditional products struggle to detect and defend. To better protect against emerging threats, F5 is introducing two standalone products designed to help customers quickly deploy dedicated security solutions. These offerings provide quick, simple remediation with essential visibility and actionable insights that eliminate industry ‘blind spots’ and safeguard business assets and data.
F5® DDoS Hybrid Defender™ provides superior infrastructure protection by combining multilayered DDoS defense across network, session, and application layers to intelligently integrate offsite cloud scrubbing in a convenient, all-in-one form factor. This approach helps weed out illegitimate requests to keep operations and sites running smoothly.
• Next-generation DDoS defense with behavioral analysis to identify and mitigate attacks, machine-learning to detect evasive threats or traffic anomalies, and powerful automation capabilities to boost efficiency.
• On-demand cloud-based scrubbing in a hybrid model, redirecting volumetric attack traffic seamlessly to reduce overhead and dramatically improve network bandwidth usage.
• Unmatched application inspection for layer 7 attacks, with in-depth application threat discovery based on data stream logic, aggregative signals from HTTP, and the characteristics of TCP requests, transactions, and overall server health.
• Leading performance and fastest time-to-mitigation for attacks targeting the network, applications, and IT infrastructure.
F5® SSL Orchestrator™ provides critical visibility into industry blind spots created by the growing use of encryption throughout enterprise networks. The product combines industry-leading cryptographic capabilities with context-aware dynamic service chaining to enhance enforcement capabilities, heighten detection capabilities, and improve network operations and orchestration.
• Centralized management of encryption/decryption, traffic steering, and load distribution services across all security layers to reduce TCO and improve business continuity.
• Visibility into the gaps that SSL can create for traditional security tools and overburdened firewalls, with context-based intelligence and robust proxy-level control over ciphers and protocols.
• Vastly improved insight into SSL traffic across critical points in the attack flow, helping mitigate the dangers of exploitation, callback, and data exfiltration between services (common among advanced and persistent threats).
• Native integration with a variety of popular network security and advanced threat management solutions to further reduce risk and maximize the value of existing investments.
“Today’s increasingly destructive and disruptive attacks can quickly undermine traditional security solutions,” said Karl Triebes, EVP of Product Development and CTO at F5. “These new appliances provide standalone functionality to quickly and comprehensively address specific industry challenges. With a breadth of cloud, software, and hardware offerings, F5 provides compelling options to integrate security throughout evolving network and application infrastructures in ways that best fit organizational priorities, compliance mandates, and customer needs.”
F5 DDoS Hybrid Defender will be available in June 2016. F5 SSL Orchestrator will be available in the third quarter of calendar year 2016. Please contact a local F5 sales office for additional product and service availability information pertaining to specific countries.
F5 (f5.com) provides solutions for an application world. F5 helps organizations seamlessly scale cloud, data center, telecommunications, and software-defined networking (SDN) deployments to successfully deliver applications and services to anyone, anywhere, at any time. F5 solutions broaden the reach of IT through an open, extensible framework and a rich partner ecosystem of leading technology and orchestration vendors. This approach lets customers pursue the infrastructure model that best fits their needs over time. The world’s largest businesses, service providers, government entities, and consumer brands rely on F5 to stay ahead of cloud, security, and mobility trends.
F5, DDoS Hybrid Defender, SSL Orchestrator, and DevCentral are trademarks or service marks of F5 Networks, Inc., in the U.S. and other countries. All other product and company names herein may be trademarks of their respective owners.
This press release may contain forward looking statements relating to future events or future financial performance that involve risks and uncertainties. Such statements can be identified by terminology such as "may," "will," "should," "expects," "plans," "anticipates," "believes," "estimates," "predicts," "potential," or "continue," or the negative of such terms or comparable terms. These statements are only predictions and actual results could differ materially from those anticipated in these statements based upon a number of factors including those identified in the company's filings with the SEC.