PRZOOM - /newswire/ -
Round Rock, TX, United States, 2016/05/03 - Dell announced it is expanding the availability of Premium Support, a service for consumer PCs that dramatically improves the customer experience through simplified, hassle-free support - Dell.com. NASDAQ: QSFT
• Dell Premium Support is the industry’s first and only consumer support service combining 24x7 phone access to expert technicians, onsite service after remote diagnosis, support for both hardware and software and proactive automated support1,2;
• Premium Support with SupportAssist takes up to 86 less time on the phone with technical support and up to 59 percent fewer steps in the support process compared to Dell’s basic hardware support 3.
Currently offered in the US and Canada, it is being made available in 110 additional countries across Asia-Pacific, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Latin America. Premium Support provides 24x7 anytime, anywhere phone access to expert technicians, onsite service after remote diagnosis and the first and only proactive automated support for consumer PCs and tablets.1,2
Powered by Dell’s innovative, award-winning SupportAssist technology, Premium Support automatically detects both hardware and software issues and proactively alerts consumers when they occur. SupportAssist also enables Dell’s technicians to initiate contact6 with customers and begin resolving the problem, often before they even know an issue exists.
Premium Support was designed to meet the needs of today’s consumers and significantly reduces the time it takes to resolve common hardware problems with up to 59 percent fewer steps in the support process and up to 86 percent less time on the phone compared to Dell’s basic hardware support.3 Key features include:
• 24x7 support access by phone or online2;
• Onsite service after remote diagnosis within 1-2 business days4;
• Single resource for hardware and software expertise;
• Proactive resolution of issues automatically detected by SupportAssist technology;
• Comprehensive software support and collaborative assistance for preinstalled software titles like Microsoft Office, Explorer, Outlook; and more
• Help and “how to” for network connectivity, printer setup, back-up, anti-virus set up, operating system upgrades and more.
"Through research we conducted, our customers told us their top priorities when it comes to support are timely and efficient service delivery, knowledgeable service staff, and coverage of both hardware and software issues,” said Doug Schmitt, vice president and general manager of Global Support and Deployment at Dell. “With Premium Support we’re serving customers on their terms with 24x7 support from highly trained technicians in the method they prefer and onsite support when they need it. They can rest easy knowing Dell experts stand behind them no matter where in the world they may be.”
Premium Support is available today in 109 countries on Dell Inspiron and Alienware systems and in Japan on May 10. Premium Support for consumers buying XPS systems will be available on July 12. The support service will also be available for purchase at participating retail stores later this year.5
Europe, Middle East and Africa
Premium Support replaces Premium Phone Support in select countries in Europe and the Middle East, giving customers the enhanced benefits of 24x7 phone and online support2, comprehensive software support with collaborative third party assistance, and automated issue detection, notification and case creation with SupportAssist. In many EMEA countries, the service will be available as the first comprehensive support upgrade from Dell’s basic hardware support.
Latin America and Asia-Pacific
Premium Support (dell.com/premiumsupport) replaces ProSupport in Latin America and Asia-Pacific countries for Alienware and Inspiron systems.
Dell, Inc. (dell.com) listens to customers and delivers innovative technology and services that give them the power to do more.
1. Based on a Dell analysis dated April 2016. Some Premium Support features are not available on all products. Remote diagnosis is determination by online/phone technician of cause of issue. If issue is not resolved remotely, technician and/or part will be dispatched. Onsite response times may vary depending on product’s geographical location.
2. In EMEA, English-only support after local business hours.
3. Based on May 2015 Principled Technologies Test Report commissioned by Dell comparing tech support troubleshooting for hard drive failure. Testing conducted in the United States. Actual results will vary.
4. Onsite Service after Remote Diagnosis: Technician or replacement part will be dispatched if necessary following online or telephone-based troubleshooting. Subject to parts availability, geographical restrictions and terms of service contract. Response times may vary depending on product’s geographical location.
5. Availability varies by region and by retailer.
6. Dell does not make unsolicited calls asking to charge to fix an issue a customer did not report or previously request help with unless they have signed up for our premium support services like Dell Tech Concierge, Dell Premium Support or Dell ProSupport services.