PRZOOM - /newswire/ -
London, United Kingdom, 2016/02/19 - Palo Alto Networks® announced that the company will showcase its approach to preventing cyberattacks on the network, in the data center, and for mobile users at Mobile World Congress taking place at Fira Gran Via in Barcelona from 22-25 February. NYSE: PANW
Palo Alto Networks®, the next-generation security company, today announced that the company will showcase its approach to preventing cyberattacks on the network, in the data center, and for mobile users at Mobile World Congress taking place at Fira Gran Via in Barcelona from 22 to 25 February 2016.
The economic climate facing mobile network operators is characterized by intense competition. The market is saturated, and the battle for subscribers is being fought over service quality, customer care and new services. As subscribers consume more bandwidth and rely on the mobile network for more of their daily life essentials, the stakes are getting higher. Mobile operators are stewards of the personal data of millions of citizens. The critical infrastructure of nations is connected to and dependent on mobile networks, and the issue of trust is becoming central in this industry central to trust is security.
Palo Alto Networks Helps Mobile Network Operators Achieve Security Objectives
• Secure the network:
The Palo Alto Networks Next-Generation Security Platform stops cyberattacks by providing protection from both known and unknown threats.
• Secure the data center:
VMware and Palo Alto Networks deliver protection that keeps pace with the virtualized data center. Using integration between VMware NSX and the Palo Alto Networks Next-Generation Security Platform, organizations can automate security policy provisioning and network segmentation.
• Secure mobile users:
VMware AirWatch and Palo Alto Networks deliver an integrated environment for securely deploying business apps and content on corporate and personally owned mobile devices.
Palo Alto Networks and VMware
• VMware NSX:
Provides threat prevention and network segmentation for east-west traffic in the virtualized data center.
Orchestrates the deployment of VM-Series firewalls using Panorama™ and NSX and deploys security policies in seconds, rather than weeks, to follow VMs wherever they move.
• VMware AirWatch:
- Transparently deploys GlobalProtect™ through AirWatch enrolment.
- Applies app-level VPN for separation of business and personal traffic while respecting end user privacy.
- Provides threat intelligence via WildFire™ app-scanning to detect infected devices enrolled in AirWatch.
• Palo Alto Networks has OpenStack product integrations with HPE OpenNFV, NEC NetCracker, Alcatel Lucent (now Nokia) CloudBand, Nuage Networks (now Nokia) Virtualized Services Platform (VSP), Mirantis OpenStack and Ericsson.
• Partnering with commercial grade OpenStack providers, as well as commercial software-defined networking (SDN) and network function virtualization (NFV) offerings, Palo Alto Networks virtual firewall platform deployed as a virtual network function can support a range of security functions, including next-generation firewall, threat prevention, content filtering, and Network Address Translation (NAT).
• This gives service provider and telco customers the choice to deploy Palo Alto Networks best-of-breed solutions in whatever framework they are using to build their next-generation cloud infrastructure.
To learn more, visit Palo Alto Networks at the VMware booth: hall 3, stand 3K10.
About Palo Alto Networks
Palo Alto Networks (paloaltonetworks.com) is the next-generation security company, leading a new era in cybersecurity by safely enabling applications and preventing cyber breaches for tens of thousands of organizations worldwide. Built with an innovative approach and highly differentiated cyberthreat prevention capabilities, our game-changing security platform delivers security far superior to legacy or point products, safely enables daily business operations, and protects an organization’s most valuable assets.
Palo Alto Networks and the Palo Alto Networks logo are trademarks of Palo Alto Networks, Inc. in the United States and in jurisdictions throughout the world. All other trademarks, trade names or service marks used or mentioned herein belong to their respective owners.