PRZOOM - /newswire/ -
Round Rock, TX, United States, 2016/02/02 - Dell announced that its newest Identity and Access Management solution, Dell One Identity Safeguard for Privileged Passwords, is available through Dell Security channel partners - Dell.com. NASDAQ: QSFT
• New Dell One Identity Safeguard for Privileged Passwords solution adds critical identity and access management functionality to Dell Security partners’ portfolio, reinforcing Dell’s commitment to the channel;
• Solution integrates simplicity and ease of use to automate and secure the use of many privileged account credentials, including access to administration rights on SonicWALL next-generation firewalls, offering Dell Security customers of all sizes a broader suite of security solutions.
Dell Security is helping partners identify a significant customer opportunity by complementing and expanding their current network security portfolio so organizations of all sizes, especially small- and medium-sized businesses, get access to a complete suite of security solutions from one source. This is a natural extension of channel partners’ security portfolio, as it can help further secure Dell SonicWALL next-generation firewalls (NGFWs) by locking down the privileged passwords associated with them. This is the first time Dell Security has offered an identity and access management solution through its channel partners at the initial product launch, further establishing a partner-led selling model across Dell Security solutions. It’s also the first of many strategic announcements planned from Dell Security in the coming months to build out the connected security ecosystem.
Managing privileged passwords is often time-consuming and cumbersome, and can lead to a security breach if done incorrectly. With a user-friendly interface, Dell One Identity Safeguard for Privileged Passwords goes beyond other industry offerings to deliver a simple installation and administration process through an unmatched, pre-hardened appliance that provides locked-down support to protect organizations from risk during installation and ongoing operation. This interface soon will become the single console for managing all Dell privileged management solutions, enabling simple, effective administration and reporting on privileged access to maximize productivity and accelerate ROI.
Control and secure privileged accounts, alleviate risks, and ease overall management
Small and medium-sized businesses that need identity and access management solutions to complement and strengthen their security postures now can add Dell One Identity Safeguard for Privileged Passwords to the best-in-class network security offerings available through Dell Security channel partners. It includes the following new features:
• Automates and secures the process of granting administrators the credentials necessary to perform their duties. Ensures that when administrators require elevated access for shared and privileged credentials, it’s granted according to established policy.
• Simplifies installation and administration with a user-friendly interface for managing privileged accounts that enables users to securely gain access to the credential they need from almost any device, anywhere.
• Provides a single, modular architecture that soon will serve as the launching point for all Dell privileged management solutions, including session management and monitoring, delegation, and AD bridging.
• Includes numerous self-protection features at the hardware, system software, and application software layers that lock down access to the solution, making it resistant to attacks while simplifying installation and ongoing management.
Patrick Sweeney, vice president, Product Management and Marketing, Dell Security
“Managing privileged passwords doesn’t have to be a challenging process for organizations, and giving our global channel partners a solution that simplifies the management of highly sensitive privileged passwords complements the strong set of security solutions they already can offer. The new Dell One Identity Safeguard for Privileged Passwords gives businesses the security they need to better manage critical privileged accounts, while still giving administrators a simple way to gain access to them. This is the first time Dell Security has offered an identity and access management solution through the channel at its initial launch, reinforcing our commitment to empowering our partners and customers with a complete, end-to-end security portfolio that keeps their organizations a step ahead in today’s evolving threat landscape.”
Michael Crean, president, Solutions Granted
“As a longtime Dell partner, we’ve had tremendous success using Dell solutions to help our customers solve a wide array of network security issues. With the new Dell One Identity Safeguard for Privileged Passwords solution, we’ll be able to better serve our current customers and attract new ones through the broader portfolio of security products. This added IAM functionality represents increased opportunity for us to solve a more comprehensive set of security issues, while enabling our customers to further secure their Dell SonicWALL next-generation firewalls. Also, the product’s simplicity will allow our SMB customers to take full advantage of all the network security capabilities Dell brings to the table.”
Dell One Identity Safeguard for Privileged Passwords is immediately available in North America and EMEA through Dell Security channel partners and direct in Asia Pacific.
Dell, Inc. (dell.com) listens to customers and delivers innovative technology and services that give them the power to do more. For more information, visit dell.com.
Dell is a trademark of Dell Inc. Dell disclaims any proprietary interest in the marks and names of others.